How tall are you?

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think i'm a shade under 6foot.

Did you know that during the day you spine compresses and you can shrink about and inch form when you got up in the morning

*NB i think there is a limit so i doubt extreme shrinking is a symptom of insomnia

That's a bit misleading. I've not done any research on this but your spine cannot compress, it's bone. The bit that may 'compress' would be the ligament/muscle between the vertebrae.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I think i'm a shade under 6foot.

Did you know that during the day you spine compresses and you can shrink about and inch form when you got up in the morning

*NB i think there is a limit so i doubt extreme shrinking is a symptom of insomnia

To nitpick, it's actually the cartilage inbetween the vertebrae that gets compressed as the day goes by :p

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
That's a bit misleading. I've not done any research on this but your spine cannot compress, it's bone. The bit that may 'compress' would be the ligament/muscle between the vertebrae.

Ya Its called Intervertebral Disk...It is situated between two Vertebras..
Many diseases like Spondaylisis and other where either this disk get displace or get tears..And that can decrease the length of vertebral Column..
Although there is no chance by that you will get shorter...

Only chance when you can get shorter is Deformitative disease of Spinal Cords like Kyphlyosis or osteoarthrosis where its loose its shape..

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
@ What age do people grow until??

Where Rob generally It tend to be 18-20 here..But its different in every country according to its Environment and Diet and Ect...

Medically its depend on secretion of your GH(Growth Hormone)..
Physiologically GH secrets whole life..But it stop its function regarding to Growth(Height) near 20 years of age..Although its individually different for every person..

You are 15 years old now??If yes then you have more 3-4 hours to grow Don't worry..Lol..
Hope My post helped you...

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya Usy I told na Its Depend on person..its even depend on the Country or Continent you belong..
Have you read my whole post???Lol...Or you get bored..Lol..

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Ya Usy I told na Its Depend on person..its even depend on the Country or Continent you belong..
Have you read my whole post???Lol...Or you get bored..Lol..

I don't think it depends country to country, or continent to continent.

Haven't you seen a really small Indian and a really tall one?

It depends on gene, sex, etc..

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors

I meant spine to include the whole spinal column, i did not say vertebrae

Anonymuss

School Cricketer
I don't think it depends country to country, or continent to continent.

Haven't you seen a really small Indian and a really tall one?

It depends on gene, sex, etc..

So you're saying Indians have poor genes?

Anonymuss

School Cricketer
I never said that, please read my post again!

I said that because its a fact that Indian guys are usually short. (Average Height of an Indian male being 5′6″)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Average Indian male height is 168cms.

I always thaught I was 175 cms tall but recently in medical done by my employers I found actually Im 179 cms tall.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm 5'9, 14 years old.
Should be around 6'1 when I cap off, at least thats what the doctor said.

Ahh, I learned about this in physics a few months ago.
There are these cushion like muscles inbetween your vertabre's. Through the day, as you walk and due to gravity and such, the spine bangs on these muscles over and over again, actually making you shorter.
When you sleep, your muscles relax and you stretch yourselves out.
Thus you are taller in the morning then you are at night.
Try it out yourself - find a thing that you could barley reach at night, and in the morning you should be able to touch it easily.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread