How to Seam the ball.

B

BadWog

Ok, I'm new to this forum but I've been through all the topics on how to Seam the ball and there seems to be a great deal of confusion.

As far as I know, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to get Dramatic movement off the seam EVERY BALL! Yes it can happen and does happen when u bowl good line and length occasianaly, however, as far as I know, it is impossible to do so ball after ball.

One thing i have discovered (and I doubt I am the first to do so) is that it is possible to seam the ball without having to select "Leg Cutter" or "Off Cutter". Simply by using a "Normal" Delivery with Pace Bowlers and moving the after touch either left or right I have gotten tremendous ammounts of cut into and away from Batsmen (Especially on a Green Pitch).

So basicly if you want to seam the ball 1 metre left or right your just going to have to be patient, bowl a good line and length, and your rewards will come. If bowling straight for a while isn't your thing you can use Leg Cutter and Off Cutter and get minor movement off the seam, BUT, you're still going to have to be patient until you get an absoloute ripper which cuts the batsman in two.

I hope I've cleared things up for people...and I also hope that I'm right :scratch:

Anyway, to all those who took the time to read the crap that comes outta my mouth, (or should I say fingers :D), and got something out of it. Cheers :cheer:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The seam metre is definitely the wrong way round for the normal delivery of the fast/fast-medium bowler. You can get dramatic seam on a green pitch by putting the movement dot in the opposite direction to the way you want the ball to seam. This obviously won't work every ball but you can get huge seam.

B

BadWog

Yeah, that has happened to me once, I was trying to go across a Left Hander with a normal delivery and instead it went into him HEAPS and just missed his leg stump.

My understanding of it though, is that it isn't the wrong way around, it's just that it either hit a crack or green patch and went the opposite way. That's pretty much what I think happens when you get seam from a Normal Delivery. Regardless what way u move the aftertouch meter it's just random which way it moves, depending on where it lands...it's all luck i guess.

W

wallman2565

i doa leg cutter and move the lil dot to the left (direction in which a leg cutter cuts) and it gets no seam at all..seam is bolt upright but if i move it to right the ball is spinning like mad and sometimes cuts a lil

B

BadWog

melbournemartin Posted on Jan 21 2004, 05:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i doa leg cutter and move the lil dot to the left (direction in which a leg cutter cuts) and it gets no seam at all..seam is bolt upright but if i move it to right the ball is spinning like mad and sometimes cuts a lil?

WOW! thats weird, when i bowl leg cutters and move the dot to the left the ball still still spins sideways, not as much as if u move it to the right but thats normal. its easier to make an off cutter spin more rapidly than it is for a leg cutter. go outside and bowl one tomorrow and ull see what i mean...but bolt upright? are u sure ur moving the dot ALL the way to the left?

but anyway, like i said in my original post, its impossible to make the ball cut A LOT every ball. u just gotta be patient and bowl good line and length and on a good pitch the ball will move heaps!...just not as often as most of us would like lol

maybe its something for EA to consider for the next cricket game, a way to make the ball not only CUT but SWING! as in MOVE IN THE AIR BEFORE IT LANDS on a more CONSISTANT basis...with ALL Pace Bowlers

cyrarchy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
like shoaib-, irfan-, wasim-, etc...-style reverse swing when the ball gets old. that would rock but i doubt its coming up if they can't even display correct line-ups.

cyrarchy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah he's like zaheer at the beginning of his career before all those injuries. if he could just bowl 5-10 km's quicker he'd be perfect. he can manage 135-140 regularly now. (KPH)...

speaking of indian quickies....balaji has played strangely well so far, eh? got that outswing goin. and nehra looks...umm....just out of it.

C

chiraz

Originally posted by destroyersachin@Jan 21 2004, 09:08 PM
Irfan rocks...
TESTS
(including 02/01/2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 2 2 1 14 13* 14.00 51.85 0 0 1 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 68 7 266 4 66.50 2-80 0 0 102.0 3.91

ONE-DAY INTERNATIONALS
(including 20/01/2004)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 4 2 1 8 5* 8.00 88.88 0 0 2 0

O M R W Ave BBI 4w 5w SR Econ
Bowling 36.4 2 195 5 39.00 3-64 0 0 44.0 5.31

He doesn`t appear to rock so far.....thou the test of time may prove me wrong....(he may pick up cheep wickets against bangladesh or zimbabwe.... ;D: )

B

BadWog

sohummisra Posted on Jan 21 2004, 09:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
like shoaib-, irfan-, wasim-, etc...-style reverse swing when the ball gets old. that would rock

Indeed it would.

I'm just waiting on someone to prove me wrong and there is some miracle way of getting heaps of seam and swing (for Medium Bowlers) off every delivery...

He would be the Messiah of Cricket 2004 :bow: ALL HAIL THE GREAT CUTTER OF Cricket 2004! :bow:

Users who are viewing this thread