HowsDAT !?! V1.0

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
thanks all who are testing. Interested to see how the settings affect gameplay, low batsman settings should make batting much harder and for AI to bat more realistically.

So here I am,

TBH, this is great work.
Finally I can have some realistic situations after drinks, lunch, etc.

The ball reverse swinges whenever I want and I simply love that.

Facing the ball on Day 5 with Ball Wear around 70 - 80 % is as realistic as it views in the Real Matches.

Great Program Shailesh.
KIU.

P

pcfan123

this is increadible, wish we could get it for ps3, always wanted reverse swing at the death in a 2020

T20

Panel of Selectors
its gicing me an error so should i send you the file that was made automatically in the folder? I mean as soon as i got the error, another .dat file was created in the Howsdat folder. do you want me to send you that file?

what is the error you are getting MS? The one in HowsDAT folder is backup before any changes were saved. you can copy it over to Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 folder and try again to see if it works by editing again..or you can send me both and a description of what changes you made.

Shailesh added 15 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

So here I am,

TBH, this is great work.
Finally I can have some realistic situations after drinks, lunch, etc.

The ball reverse swinges whenever I want and I simply love that.

Facing the ball on Day 5 with Ball Wear around 70 - 80 % is as realistic as it views in the Real Matches.

Great Program Shailesh.
KIU.

cheers Abhishek..btw if it is reversing too much you can always simulate a change of ball ;) enjoy!

Last edited:
D

Dutch

glad to hear that dutchad :) I've just started a test match and planning to reset my batsman settings every 5 overs or after adding 25 runs..so there are plenty of strategies one can try to make things interesting :D

Ah I like the idea of re-setting batsmen even earlier or after 5 overs like you have done. That will make sure that a batsman really must take his time to build in test conditions. Now if you are somehow able to make something that will help the AI set realstic fields you will be my god forever!!!:)

jonah

International Coach
Now if you are somehow able to make something that will help the AI set realstic fields you will be my god forever!!!:)

Amen to that!

Thanks for the reply S, just what I hoped:).

T20

Panel of Selectors
Amen to that!

Thanks for the reply S, just what I hoped:).

unfortunately the official patch seems to be the best bet for this :)

have you guys tried lower batsmen settings during AI batting? I haven't had a chance to test this over a full test innings or so but the initial results were encouraging e.g I was getting AI scores like 120 for 2 in 40 odd overs. every time it reached 'fearless' I would lower the settings and make it rebuild..

D

Dutch

unfortunately the official patch seems to be the best bet for this :)

have you guys tried lower batsmen settings during AI batting? I haven't had a chance to test this over a full test innings or so but the initial results were encouraging e.g I was getting AI scores like 120 for 2 in 40 odd overs. every time it reached 'fearless' I would lower the settings and make it rebuild..

Ah hadn't thought about that. To be honest my bowling is pretty good and I keep hoping that AI sets me a really decent score but I could of course lower my bowlers confidence as well: make mental note!:)

Anyway, this program is a real gem and very handy indeed. Well done and keep 'em coming!

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I checked the program and it worked very good. Specially the Ball Wear is so important, thanks a lot.

scottwhatmore

School Cricketer
Hi,

I tried Howsdat on my new Windows 7 operating system and the .exe won't load. I've downloaded Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and changed compatibility settings to my old XP system but still no luck... The .exe simply won't load. Any suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread