Huge issue after uninstalling to update game - HELP!

boredboredbored

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yesterday i foolishly thought i'd update the game as i was still running 9.06. Clicked on internet game and it said i'd have to uninstall then re-install completely from the website to update.

Because i was worried about losing my save (only game i've played since getting the game) i checked online, Childish Things specifically say updating the way you are told to will not lose your save games......so i went for it.

Now i'm in a situation where i cannot start ICC09 at all when i click to run the programme i get an error message (error: inconsistent files) and to make matters worse there don't appear to be any saves in my save folder any more!!! I am fuming with the whole situation, what a farce that i can no longer play and all my time spent on the save is potentially worthless!

I have e-mailed the softwrap support yesterday but as of yet have received no response. If anyone can help i will be forever in your debt!

boredboredbored

School Cricketer
Has nobody got any idea of how to help? Support have given me nothing but an e-mail saying uninstall in the alst 2 days!!

Sureshot

Executive member
The error is because your softwrap files don't match. Which is why the uninstall and re-install method should work. (I'm the support btw)

It may sound a bit condescending, but are you sure you uninstalled it properly? By using the uninstaller in the control panel.

I don't know what else to suggest, I forwarded it on to Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread