I need help :(

Highlander999

ICC President
Right I'll post here what I posted on another tech forum for mobile phones (they are useless for the record!)

"Hi there

My phone is playing up and won't let me receive texts or send any, and is getting mega laggy by the second. Whenever I try and access my messages I get a message saying, "Message storage memory not ready" It has been saying this for over 4 hours now and nothing looks like changing and was wondering how I could fix this."

It's a Nokia 6303 btw

Now however the problem has changed and I can receive texts but I can't actually do anything as whenever I press buttons it just beeps and the screen doesn't change. The only exception is I can make phone calls, by dialling the number in and then it comes up with the name I have it saved under, i.e. "Home" so I know I can't have lost my contacts. The phone however has changed back to it's factory characteristics e.g. generic text tone, opening tone etc

I really need some help, more for the fact that I have a date tomorrow and I don't want to have to organise it via facebook!!!

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's a sign that grandad of a phone has lived its life, and it's time for you to get with the times.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
But by the sounds of it, it does sound it's pretty much tweaked up.

I have a similar problem with my texts on my sony ericson w95. It won't allow me to create new ones, just allows me to reply. And even then, a message comes up that it can't send cos the memory is full (even though it's empty). Press retry about 400 times and it goes through.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Technology, eh? What happened to the good old days of carrier pigeons? Only thing that went wrong then was Dick Dastardly.

Highlander999

ICC President
Haha, well I've calmed down slightly as I just managed to sort the most important thing out (the date :p) but I feel so vunerable not being able to contact people. I'm meant to be out in town tonight, but I can't contact anyone because of this :(

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Try connecting it with your computer and using the nokia pc suite to send and receive txts? Not sure if that would work or not

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Try changing where the messages are stored in one of the options for the Messaging tab, just look around for it.

Depends though if your using the internal phone memory or a memory card. Its most likely that all the storage is mostly taken up. A full hard-disk does correlate with a slow PC, so it might be the case with a Nokia such as yours.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can flash your phone with the original firmware. Although its a risky process, it should fix all sort of problems related to firmware. You need to read a few guides before you do it. Flashing with JAF for Newbie
If you have any doubt ask members there, they are really helpful.(I bricked my phone first time i flashed without properly reading instruction :p, then a nice member "Nick Thorton" helped me out step by step. He even uploaded all the softwares required which i was unable to find and then guided me through whole process :clap)

Users who are viewing this thread