"I want my ball back"

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I want my ball back: Gilly

r201060_770524.jpg

Adam Gilchrist has appealed to the Australian public to help him find the ball he smashed his 100th Test six with.
The Australian became the first player to strike 100 sixes in Test match cricket when he belted Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan over the fence during the second Test at Bellerive Oval on Saturday.

The only problem was that Gilchrist hit the ball so far that it sailed outside the ground and into a nearby street and has not been found since.
The umpires were forced to use a replacement ball for the rest of the Australian innings but Gilchrist later appealed to anyone who may have found the ball to return it to him.

"I'm not a massive collector of memorabilia but I think there's probably a few little bits and pieces every cricketer has stashed away that means something to them and that's a unique little item and I'd love to get it back," Gilchrist told a news conference.
"There aren't many things that you do in life that you're the only person ever to have done it, so with that in mind it would be nice to have the ball that notched that hundred.

"It's not a milestone you ever set out to achieve but it's definitely unique."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/17/2093872.htm

I hope he gets it back. He deserves it. But the chances of that are slim.

Last edited:

Highlander999

ICC President
I hope he gets it back. I got to keep the match ball when I made my first ever hundred, and it now has a place on the fireplace. Obviously his milestone was a bit better than mine

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
No, he didn't, Ani. He kept it in his glove in the 2007 WC final.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I was there when he hit the ball over to the street. Many people went looking for it (including me) but no one could find it. It could be anywhere

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Who ever has it please give it back.. :)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I don't anyone will give it back, though I hope he gets it back.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The ball will be in some severage pipe now. This is reminder to players to not to hit long sixes when you are verge of something no one will break. A gentle six would have done also.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
A gentle six? it's hardly gentle charging down the wicket and smashing the ball a million miles an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread