IC10 Player Editor - beta 0.2 up (with saving)

Light

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have done everything the editing in my roster (savegame.txt) but when i replace the old .txt with the now one in user.dat and click rehash and resign and save to device and load ic10 from my usb in the game it gives an error that user setting already exist do you want to overwrite. if i click yes it makes a new save and asks me to select a default team. If i click now it justs takes me back to the title screen.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure - you seem to have done everything correctly.

I.e extract savegame.txt from user.dat file
Make changes to savegame.txt using player editor
Then replace savegame.txt stored in user.dat with one just edited

Rehash and resign and save to device.

Load game from usb pen - voila - should work :noway

The above is what I do and it works fine - when you load savegame.txt into player editor for first time do you get any error messages?

qkazoo

School Cricketer
Hi just wondering is there any way to change the Stats of a player more than just Hi score and Best Bowling.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Hi just wondering is there any way to change the Stats of a player more than just Hi score and Best Bowling.

Yeah but I don't want to enable it as editing the stats caused roster corruption in AC09 and I couldn't figure out why.

neiske

School Cricketer
it would be awesome to be able to input the up to date stats into my game, can you make that possible?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
As I said in my above answer it can potentially cause problems. What I could do is what was suggested elsewhere and cause a backup to be made everytime that save is pressed.

neiske

School Cricketer
probably a stupid question but if i wanted to edit the summary.dat file what would i use to do so?

----------

the backup thing sounds interesting. just getting into this game since the editor came out. helps make it more realistic. cheers

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
The player and field editors are a must for xbox users

neiske

School Cricketer
trying to figure out how to change the length of the licensed players names as you cant edit them in the in-game editor. can someone tell me how or if this is even possible? cheers:)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
You have to use a hex editor - even then you cannot increase the length of the first or last name - it has to be same length or shorter. If shorter you have to pad rest of name with zero's

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
You have to use a hex editor - even then you cannot increase the length of the first or last name - it has to be same length or shorter. If shorter you have to pad rest of name with zero's

I thought I enabled this in player editor? (for same length or shorter)
Changing the length is possible but it's a lot more work for me as I have to move bytes around inside the file.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I thought I enabled this in player editor? (for same length or shorter)
Changing the length is possible but it's a lot more work for me as I have to move bytes around inside the file.

same length works great, but shorter name doesn't

Changing the length would be ideal, but I don't think enough people are playing xbox version to warrant the extra effort

neiske

School Cricketer
Bummer! As it ain't a problem with the unlicensed teams as you can just change the names in game, but with the Australian & England teams that isn't possible so it would have been awesome to be able to change the length of the surnames at least both bigger & smaller...

Users who are viewing this thread