IC10 playtest @ Codemasters - 4 June

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That's a great interview. Nice to hear Heath being refreshingly honest about the AC09 experience vis-a-vis AI slogging and taking wickets.

BigBoyAfridi

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey I have an idea, what if you were to see everything around you but through the batsmans eyes the bat, pitch and the bowler hurtling towards you. This new 'Action Cam' is placed behind the stumps.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey I have an idea, what if you were to see everything around you but through the batsmans eyes the bat, pitch and the bowler hurtling towards you. This new 'Action Cam' is placed behind the stumps.

EA did that in Cricket and it was almost impossible to play. FPS is more suited for shooters not Sports

BigBoyAfridi

School Cricketer
EA did that in Cricket and it was almost impossible to play. FPS is more suited for shooters not Sports

Right, I was not aware of that. thats a shame because I think thats as close as you can get to realism in a video game you know, in terms of the overall batting experience.

s0074845

Club Captain
what about batsman and bowlers stamina ratings? Have they included in this game.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Quick but important question that I'm sure has been asked here before.

Do bowlers have correct speed ratings?

If not, can we most likely edit them? (Could we on Ashes 09 on xbox and ps3? I only had the PC version). If not for Aus and Eng, could we at least edit them for other teams?

Can we edit the players in the fake IPL teams so we can chuck out some of the no-name indians and put in the Aussies and Poms?

Also, if I buy this from the UK online, will it work on my 360 in Aus?

thumbsup767

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah I recall in Ashes 09 there was a 'pace' category which you could edit so that bowlers could bowl faster. However you had to play alot with that bowler in order to gain points which made it very cumbersome and since alot of the players had speed errors well......

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, you could edit on the PC version.

You couldn't just change the bowling type to 'Fast' ?

You had to be 'Fast' if you wanted to bowl over 130 clicks.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry for not posting a full review guys, I think Matt really said it all (we did discuss it afterwards) in terms of our impressions. I went in not expecting too much out of the game given the fact that AC was a bit of a disappointment in the end but I really did feel that the action cam made the game - it keeps it interesting throughout the whole thing, and there is more control over your shots and power too.

And as for bowling, the new AI system changes everything. Now you really feel like you're being rewarded for a bowling plan - mixing it up, going short then full, straight then swing can really confuse a batsman and you feel like you're earning your wickets, not just doing the same wicket taking balls over and over waiting for a mistake.

I'm looking forward to it being released here ahead of the Ashes!

mrman80

Club Cricketer
Dean, did you face AI spinners or did you use spin bowling...is it more effective than ashes or is it same slam bang thing in spinners fate.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
That makes 3 of us!
I would also like to know if you get stumped 50-60% of the time when you leave a ball from a spinner like on ac09. Anyone else notice that bug? If you leave a delivery on perpose you are going to keep your foot back. Hated that bug!

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
That makes 3 of us!
I would also like to know if you get stumped 50-60% of the time when you leave a ball from a spinner like on ac09. Anyone else notice that bug? If you leave a delivery on perpose you are going to keep your foot back. Hated that bug!

i played the 360 version and to be honest, never happened to me.....
i just want to know if the spinners effectivness (spelling?!) is more realistic now...i really like to make use of my spin bowlers and did it on ac09 a lot. not really succesful as you all know

Users who are viewing this thread