ICC 2005 Ashes Version Announced

GMILLS

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
eSeek said:
i'm worried it will only be a database update with 20-20..

So what if it is??? It will still be awesome with Bangladesh, 20/20, Players at new clubs like Cork at Lancashire, 2 overseas players etc.

so if it was only a database update then would this be so bad ???

Jus

School Cricketer
Yes, because ?20 for a database update with a couple of new teams and competitions thrown in for what is esentially the same game is a rip off.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I think they'll have to do a completely new game. If they're going to have Twenty20 the AI needs a tweek, as there's not enough 6s even with batsmen at full aggression.

They're going to have to modify the code to allow overseas tests during the English season, and to allow replacement overseas players.

joem87

Club Cricketer
they have added a world ratings system? thats quite cool, they had test and ODI nations ratings in the other cricket captain games, but bowler and batsmen ratings will be awesome. should be interesting when you are a few years into the game and all the ridiculously good bowlers come into the game (fake players) averaging 17 to see how the rating system pans out!

Hero

Club Captain
I hope this game will be better than the previous one.

joem87

Club Cricketer
is there no screenshots of this game yet? wierd as its released next month, i hope they've updated the presentation of the game and not just the database

Big_D

School Cricketer
I lost weeks of my life to ICC 2002, captaining the mighty Lancashire to a clean sweep of all domestic honours.

What with the Ashes and 3 cricket games being released, I may have to cut back on non essential pastimes like work, sleep, and an intravenous drip should help with meal times.

This is a little off topic, so if somebody could point me toward the right thread, how will everybody else cope with ?non cricket loving? partners/family this summer?

squiz

International Coach
andrew_nixon said:
I challenge you to find a match in 2003, 2004 or 2005 where 3 overseas players played in the same game.
OK in the match currently being played:
Warwickshire v Kent
Andrew Hall, Justin Kemp and Martin van Jaarsveld are all playing together

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
I'm personally not sure, but it allows overseas players to play without counting as a overseas player. Andrew will know what it means precisely.

Users who are viewing this thread