ICC 2005 Details

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Details about ICC 200 - Ashes Edition have been released by Empire Interactive in the following press release:

logoicc.jpg

"The Aussie?s are back in town!
After two decades of Ashes disappointments, England at last have a team capable of giving the Aussie?s a run for their money. But will they? The return of the critically acclaimed International Cricket Captain series allows English and Australian fans the opportunity to captain the team of their choice to victory or defeat in the Ashes 2005.

thumb_Image2.jpg

International Cricket Captain 2005 allows the player to take charge of the domestic or international team of their choice and steer that team through full seasons. The player controls all aspects of their teams progress, from transfers, squad and team selection, and training to detailed match tactics such as choosing bowlers, planning their line of attack and setting their fields."

News on the tourements in the game is that there is the full English domestic season with the county championship, the national league, one-day cups and the 20:20 cup. Internationally there is a full calender of test matches and ODIs plus the World Cup including West Indies 2007.The Ashes 2005, as well as some historic series - 1948, 1953, 1981 & 1986.

thumb_Image1.jpg

The full list of features is as follows:
  • Player Database: comprehensive and up-to-date database featuring full statistics for every first class cricketer in the test playing nations.
  • The Match Screen: play and watch individual matches. Allows the player to change tactics on an over by over basis whilst selecting the highlight level for watching the action.
  • Transfers: improve your squad by offering contracts to experienced or youth players.
  • Team Selection: who?s in form and who?s out. Regret not including a spinner for the last match?
  • Groundsman: instruct your groundsman to prepare a pitch tailor made for your attack.
  • Playing Conditions: bounce, wear, weather and light vary from fixture to fixture, and change during individual matches.
  • Coach and physio: a key player injured or out of form? Book him in for a session with the coach or physio.
  • Line and Length: set a line and length for your bowlers. Select a full length or send a bouncer to rile the tail-enders.
  • Two Player: captain any of the Test playing nations and compete against a friend in either a Test or one-day series.
  • World Rating System: featuring the top ten bowlers and batsman.
thumb_Picture1.jpg

The game is endorsed by Andrew Strauss, features commentary from Jonathan Agnew and is to be released on the 5th August 2005. Larger versions of the 3 screenshots released can be viewed in our Media Gallery

GMILLS

School Cricketer
Still no news on whether online play will be back that is one of the best parts of it :crying

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
International Cricket Captain 2005: Ashes Edition looks like an excellent game, I don't mind if it's just a database update with a few tweaks, as I never played International Cricket Captain 2002 and am yet to experience the gameplay.

I am in two minds now, whether to buy this or Cricket Coach. I am certainly a big supporter of Rockingham Games' project, so this is a tricky one.

SkateBoarder2 :p

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
"I am in two minds now, whether to buy this or Cricket Coach. I am certainly a big supporter of Rockingham Games' project, so this is a tricky one. "

Why not buy both :)

Or failing that, download a demo of both games and decide from that [assuming Empire release a demo for their game]. We should be releasing some news about Cricket Coach soon so keep checking regularly.

Jus

School Cricketer
Same game as 2002 with updated database and new tournaments by the look of it with a new skin applied to it that looks worse than the existing one. They probbably have changed very little by the looks of things.

Jon S

School Cricketer
Looks just like before, but that's no bad thing the whole database has been updated and it sounds like their will be more first class players in the foreign countries to choose from. I am a little annoyed that they couldn't be bothered to get a new picture of Trent Bridge. In the Notts V Middlesex game that is show it still has all the old stands and would have been nice if they updated them. No big deal really just seems a bit lazy.

Geraint Jones

School Cricketer
Sounds like a great game that is coming out, I can't wait and I will order it soon.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
I was pretty excited when I read the news...I hope the game is more that just a bunch of cosmetic changes. As good as it was, it did have a couple of bugs that needed fixing to make it great.

Still my favourite cricket game tho...

G

Gilchrist

Oh yeah, will it be out on any other plat form other than PC?

Users who are viewing this thread