ICC 2010 - Wish List

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haven't seen one yet and I think its about time that the focus should shift onto next years version and some features that should perhaps be added.

Heres a post I did a bit back on things that I would like to see.

For the game to really get significantly more people buying then the addition of more leagues is needed. The domestic structures of Australia, New Zealand being the ones which would probably generate more interest and increase the replayabilty of the game.

The game needs to introduce something akin to a Board of Directors at what every County your at whom give you certain criteria to meet such as win league finish higher than a certain position ect. These people should have the power to sack you if they feel that you have performed well under their expectations. Which leads me on to the ability to move Counties at the end of the season which I feel should be added as this would make the game alot more interesting.

Something more related to off the field content with perhaps Morale which could affect players morale which would relate to the amount of games they play and how the clubs going in general.

There should be some sort of "Youth" league in which youth team players can play in and related to this there could be an Under 19 side for every county which play in this league.

Although it isn't strictly a captain's job you should be able to on international level have some sort of say of how many games are played in a tour because later on some teams will progressively become worst and other better but you still only play the amount that they played on tour in real life the last time.

Bowlers should be able to progress in terms of pace as they grow and then fade. Bowlers can start off at RFM quicken up to RMF during their prime before fading again back to RFM and if they play for until they are really quite old say 35 drop to even RM.

An area of the game that should be improved is the AI's use of Allrounders they just don't on a whole get bowled enough or picked enough.

We should be able to pick centrally contracted players and choose to rest them.

I know there's quite a bit there but if a few of these could be added it would improve the game somewhat.

Theres my list of things that I feel are achievable whilst ambitious without being over the top. What do other people want in the game?

Myrmecophaga

Club Cricketer
Agree with the moving counties bit and the more involved youth team, so you have to work to get good players.
A more involved second team would be great too, with actual fixtures etc.

Bowlers changing their pace would be great too, and training them to help them increase in pace would be good too. In addition, if a bowler is quite a good batsman too, you should be able to train them in batting, and then when they reach a certain point they become an all-rounder, and similarly.

I think players should care about whether or not they get 1st XI games, so if you have a good team, and a good player isn't quite making it, he might complain and decide he wants to leave the club.

There should be a skill level in keeping wicket for wicket keepers, and you should be able to train them to improve keeping against pace/spin/general, and a skill level in fielding in various positions for all players (slips, close, infield, deep). Players should have a favoured fielding position, like they have favoured shots with batting, and it should be possible to train them in fielding generally/in slips/close/infield/deep.

Isura

Club Cricketer
Switching counties
Switching countries
Proper pitch conditions like seamer friendly, bouncy, flat, dry etc
Introduce swing
Bowling speeds
Proper records for high scores, previous season matches
Stroke variation - Very few runs are scored at mid-on and mid-off, and there should be more nudges to long leg on leg side bowling (instead of always playing the on drive to midwicket). Similarly, more nudges or opening face to 3rd man in one day games.
A good line in the game is still too straight.
Fielding and catching ratings for all players.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the major addition in the next addition has to be: ADD MORE LEAGUES.

If Cricket Coach can do it (:sarcasm) then I'm sure ICC can... It has been a hate of mine over my years of ICC playing that I can only choose boring bloody County sides with people I don't know.

You at ICC already have the Australian state players in the database, how hard would it be to just implement a new league with these players? I'm sure the people who work on the game could do it and it wouldn't even be that hard.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Hmm, I'd also like to be able to play just county, and not have to keep switching to international and come back to find I've lost the Twenty20 Cup final and all my players are out of form.

But yeah, a must: ADD MORE LEAGUES.

The Australian one for sure, the NZ one and RSA ones are also a possibilty. I'm sure there will be a high demand for the Indian one aswell. Maybe have the IPL as a seperate competition. Also, how about an ingame player editor? And player creator.

A scenario customisation would be great too. Being able to decide what the score is, whose on what etc.

LeeBishop82

School Cricketer
An editor

Oh, and an Editor...and maybe an Editor.

I still cant believe the ICC series hasnt brought one out....it will get taken over by another title eventually if it doesnt bring one out.

dajesmac

Club Captain
An editor

Oh, and an Editor...and maybe an Editor.

I still cant believe the ICC series hasnt brought one out....it will get taken over by another title eventually if it doesnt bring one out.

It's actually a new company doing it now or something like that, whoever had it before has now gone into administration.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I don't want an editor.

Just more leagues.

I agree there isn't really a need for an editor but more leagues is really needed.

Themer added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

It's actually a new company doing it now or something like that, whoever had it before has now gone into administration.

Same people make the game it was the Publisher that went into administration.

Mr Anderson

School Cricketer
The purist gamers don't want an editor, I respect that... but for the ones who want to edit then that is on top of my wish list. I only ask ICC for two things.

1) An ingame editor
2) Foreign leagues i.e. Australian, NZ, Pakistani, Indian, West Indies, etc. etc.

dajesmac

Club Captain
Same people make the game it was the Publisher that went into administration.

Ah okay, I remember reading somewhere though that now that there is a new publisher they want to do some things differently, and they mentioned something about future leagues coming out in 2010 or 11.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'll answer some points in here:

Fielding & Catching ratings:

Visible attributes won't happen. I've discussed this on the CT forums and we will discuss improving the fielding system, as I think it's not utilised properly in the game and it could be more user-friendly. I like fielding preferences. Be that as simple as preferred positions, or more expanded.

More leagues:

Yep, agree here. I'm pretty sure we've all agreed that we want to add more leagues. Though we haven't started for 2010 yet, not finished 09 post-release stuff, so I won't promise anything. But, personally, from a non-ICC pov, I think more leagues are a must.

Editor:

Don't see it happening, at all. The game doesn't work on visible attributes. It probably never will have visible attributes like in FM and other similar sports-management simulations. That's not how the game works, and it's better for it. It's why it's so successful as you pick a player on merits, not some imaginary numbers that you can see assigned to each player. For those of you who want editors, there are unofficial 3rd party ones, like there is here. I just don't see it working with the game.

I see Publishers has come up. Yes, Empire went into administration at the beginning of May. Amazing we got 09 out, might even say we're lucky to still have the ICC series. Now, Chris owns all the rights to the game. We have two publishers now. P2Games in the UK and QVSoftware in Australia. It does give us more control, but obviously having Empire go into admin and having to buy the rights, etc, has had it's drawbacks.

Personal preferences from me now.

I like the idea of a more involved youth set-up. I see some of you favour a career type aspect addition to the game too, I've seen this elsewhere. Might be fun. As above, I'd like more leagues. But having looked briefly into the RSA set-up earlier in the year, it's not simple.

We'll see, I think 09 is a very good game, possibly even our best version. The match results are fantastic.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Please allow us to play online with International teams! It's so boring playing with English counties!

Also, the game should give you a win when someone purposely disconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread