ICC Champions Trophy 2017

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
:saf: South African squad announced
Standard Bank Proteas ODI squad for three-match ODI series against England and ICC Champions Trophy:
Hashim Amla (BuildNat Cape Cobras),
Quiton de Kock - wk (Multiply Titans),
Faf du Plessis (Multiply Titans),
AB de Villiers – captain (Multiply Titans),
JP Duminy (BuildNat Cape Cobras),
David Miller (VKB Knights),
Chris Morris (Multiply Titans),
Wayne Parnell (BuildNat Cape Cobras),
Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Kagiso Rabada (bizhub Highveld Lions),
Imran Tahir (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Dwaine Pretorius (bizhub Highveld Lions),
Keshav Maharaj (Hollywoodbets Dolphins),
Farhaan Behardien (Multiply Titans),
Morne Morkel (Multiply Titans).

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My expected squad for India.
Rohit Sharma
Ajinkya Rahane
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli
Manish Pandey
Yuvraj Singh
Kedar Jadhav
MS Dhoni
Rishabh Pant/Sanju Samson/Dinesh Karthik
Hardik Pandya
Ravindra Jadeja/Axar Patel/Krunal Pandya(I have a feeling)
Ravi Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Mohameed Shami
Umesh Yadav
Jasprit Bumrah

Would still want Nitish Rana to develop a bit and get chances for the Sri Lankan tour.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This would be my India squad of 16 for the Champions Trophy:

Batsmen
Rohit Sharma
Sanju Samson
Ajinkya Rahane
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Kedar Jadhav
Manish Pandey

Wicketkeeper
MS Dhoni

Allrounder
Hardik Pandya

Spinners
Ravichandran Ashwin
Ravindra Jadeja
Yuzvendra Chahal/Kuldeep Yadav

Fast Bowlers
Jasprit Bumrah
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Mohd Shami
Umesh Yadav/Shardul Thakur

Justification: I know I have been wanting Pant to be inducted but from the other thread after introspection, I think it would be wise to have Pant for some more time before being blooded. Also Sanju Samson has looked terrific so far in this IPL season and from a keeping perspective, Samson is ahead of Pant in the waiting line and deserves it more. I would pick Samson as the replacement for KL Rahul. It also gives us a backup keeper for MSD. I was flicking between Rahane and Dhawan (since Dhawan had a brilliant Champions Trophy last time we played in 2013, and Dhawan has been doing OK this IPL), but I would rather go with Rahane who has shown aggressive streaks recently and also Dhawan has had too many chances internationally and has been underwhelming for too long. The rest of the batting is straightforward. As much as I am not too keen on Yuvraj Singh, he did well in that England series and brings experience and some useful left arm spin. Jadhav and Pandey are straightforward picks and both should be in, at the cost of nobody.

Keeping and allrounder is again very straightforward. Onto bowling, I would go with a 3-4 combo of spin/pace. Though we are playing in England, with this being an ICC tournament, ICC will have a big say in wickets and they should be pretty good batting tracks. Also its summer in England, so pretty warm weather. And India historically being a spin country, I am inclined to have the 3rd spinner. Also with Hardik Pandya being the seamer, we do have 5 seamers anyway. First two spinners pick themselves. The third spinner is a shootout between Chahal and Kuldeep, with either picks being good enough.

For Fast bowling, the first two options are looking brilliant right now. Both Bumrah and Bhuvi have performed outstandingly in the current IPL so far, especially Bhuvi who has been superlative. If it seams around, Bhuvi will be in big business. Shami should be the third seamer if he is fit enough. I am not too inclined with Umesh Yadav as third seamer as he might leak too many runs in ODI's. I am more inclined towards Shardul Thakur, who again has done very well in his limited opportunities this IPL and before that big time in domestic cricket.

My expected squad for India.
Rohit Sharma
Ajinkya Rahane
Shikhar Dhawan
Virat Kohli
Manish Pandey
Yuvraj Singh
Kedar Jadhav
MS Dhoni
Rishabh Pant/Sanju Samson/Dinesh Karthik
Hardik Pandya
Ravindra Jadeja/Axar Patel/Krunal Pandya(I have a feeling)
Ravi Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Mohameed Shami
Umesh Yadav
Jasprit Bumrah

Would still want Nitish Rana to develop a bit and get chances for the Sri Lankan tour.

Your squad seems too heavy on the batsmen. With Pandya as batting allrounder, you really only need 8 batsmen (including the keepers). You also have Jadeja/Axar/Krunal and Ashwin as your bowling allrounders.

Not really in my opinion. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I am confident we have enough backups who can probably even do better than Rahul in ODI's. Rahul has not reached that stage in ODI's where his absence is a big loss.

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not really in my opinion. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I am confident we have enough backups who can probably even do better than Rahul in ODI's. Rahul has not reached that stage in ODI's where his absence is a big loss.
He is in good form. Rohit is looking little shaky in this ipl and nothing special about dhawan apart from one innings. And Rahul can utilize the PP unlike Rohit and Rahane who takes time to settle down. Now, Jinx and Rohit will be opening for sure. I would keep Manish Pandey as backup.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Fearsome tweaking hell!!!

Pakistan recall Azhar, Umar Akmal for Champions Trophy; Kamran dropped | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

"Sarfraz Ahmed (c), Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Imad Wasim, Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan."

Why, why. WHY are Ahmed, Hafeez and Umar in the team? Why won't the PCB learn from the mistakes they've made in the past, why is an inexperienced Fahim Ashraf in the squad? This isn't the best place to debut him. Why. Just, why?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Also why bring back Azhar after dropping him one series back?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also why bring back Azhar after dropping him one series back?
Don't know why they dropped him. I've no doubt in his batting, people were having issues on his captaincy.

I think he is a very good batsman. He can be useful opener especially in England conditions. His SR and avg. Is still better than Ahmed Shehzad though.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Who the hell is Fahim Ashraf?
And Are the new India not participating in CT true?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Who the hell is Fahim Ashraf?
And Are the new India not participating in CT true?
Not sure about that, but I do not think India will not participate

Users who are viewing this thread