1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. There is a mafia championship (cross-forum) organized by Mafia Universe and we have got the invitation from the organizer of the competition. We (PlanetCricket) have been participating in this competition for the past two seasons. Please join PlanetCricket in its quest to be the best.... Mafia Championship details
    Dismiss Notice

ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Discussion in 'International Tours and Events' started by CerealKiller, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

This poll will close on May 31, 2019 at 10:26 PM.
  1. Afghanistan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Australia

21.7%
  3. Bangladesh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. England

26.1%
  5. India

30.4%
  6. New Zealand

4.3%
  7. Pakistan

8.7%
  8. South Africa

4.3%
  9. Sri Lanka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. West Indies

4.3%
  1. Cricket Life Associate Captain

Cricket Life
    Infamous Raptors AUS..
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Melbourne Stars
    Virat Kohli (Capt), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Vijay Shankar, MSD (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd Shami

India Team

Ashutosh. and SaiSrini thanked this.
  2. Bevab Panel of Selectors

Bevab
    National Team:
    Spain
    Domestic Team:
    Spurs
    Holy shit the madmen actually dropped Rayudu!!! :eek:

3. Bigby Wolf Chairman of Selectors

Bigby Wolf
    Mumbai Indians Lannisters India
    Jadeja in the squad :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm.

4. Sinister One User Title Purchaser

Sinister One
    Fantasy Cricket Team RCB... India
    National Team:
    India squad:
    Rohit Sharma
    Shikhar Dhawan
    Virat Kohli
    Vijay Shankar
    Ms Dhoni
    Kedar Jadhav
    Hardik Pandya
    Yuzvendra Chahal
    Kuldeep Yadav
    Ravindra Jadeja
    Mohammed Shami
    Jasprit Bumrah
    Bhubaneshwar Kumar
    KL Rahul
    Dinesh Karthik

Noctis. said thanks for this.
  5. Prequel User Title Purchaser

Prequel
    AUS..
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Queensland Bulls, Brisbane Heat
    Why is Pant being excluded? Clearly he's a future player, surely give him that experience?

6. NilayShah60 Thread of the Month December 2018

NilayShah60
    AKA:
    Nilay Shah
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Mumbai Indians
    This is some move from BCCI.... Probably for the first time they made a smart decision

I mean selecting Shankar over Rayudu

SaiSrini and Naman Thakur thanked this.
  7. SaiSrini ICC President

SaiSrini
    PlanetCricket Award Winner
    AKA:
    Sai
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super Kings
    Brilliant! I love the team being selected for India! It’s the team me and Aalay posted a page back here. Good they picked Shankar over Rayudu and DK over Pant.

Pant is too raw and will get his chances sooner than later (after WC and when MS hangs his boots). DK has better experience and the finishing skills. He’s a great fielder too and experience at that.

A lot has been said on Shankar vs Rayudu here. Great of the selectors to stick to Shankar. I’m happy that they picked Rahul over Rayudu, because Rahul is a backup opener and way ahead in terms of switching gears. All in all, the best team we can get. I’m sure Rayudu/Pant and Khaleel/Chahar/Umesh are on standby.

What’s wrong in that? A 3rd spinner and a useful lower order batsman and a gun fielder. And in good form. What else is needed?

NilayShah60 said thanks for this.
  8. Aalay Panel of Selectors

Aalay
    AKA:
    sp232426
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    CSK, Gujarat
    In my opinion, this is the bet squad the selectors could have selected and they did exactly that.

Harsh on Rayudu but his form been scratchy against the big teams. Vijay Shanakar basically came in as a replacement player for Hardik and snatched Rayudu's position. He has shown that he is good with bat, he can bowl and he is a very good fielder. Picking Rayudu would only give you batting and that is why I feel Shankar was picked ahead of him.

Even though Pant is probably the most exciting player in India right now, I just didn't think he would make the cut for this WC. He didn't quite grab the chances that he got plus he hasn't played that many one-day matches. Also Dinesh Karthik has played very well in the limited chances that he got and his experiance will be very helpful for India. On keeping, I don't think there is much that differentiates Pant and Karthik. I know pant didn't well with the gloves in those last 3 one-day matches against Australia but I don't rate Karthik's keeping that much either. So it was strange that MSK Prasad mentioned that keeping was one of the factor why Pant didn't make the squad.

The four fast bowlers who are not named yet that are supposed to be on the stand-by is a good option. My choices would be Khaleel, Chahar, Saini and Ishant Sharma. I don't want to see Kaul and Shardul anywhere near the limited overs team.

MSK Prasad also said that Rahul will start the tournament as a reserve opener in the squad. It will be interesting to see who bats at 4. I think Vijay Shankar will start at number 4 but I will be very happy if MS Dhoni gets a go at number 4 which I think is the ideal position for him in this line-up.

SaiSrini and NilayShah60 thanked this.
  9. CricketQ20 10 Years at PC Trophy

CricketQ20
    Lannisters NZ.... KKR AFG... India
    I am very happy with the squad. Raydu got his chances and did not grab them with both hands. Shanker has surpassed many's expectation and deserves to be in the squad. What good the squad does now is that if say Shankar does not perform well at number 4, KL Rahul can step in. We already have Hardik who will be in the XI no matter the condition.

My XI would be as follow

1. Rohit Sharma
    2. Shikhar Dhawan
    3. Virat Kohli
    4. Vijay Shankar/KL Rahul
    5. M.S Dhoni
    6. Dinesh Kartik
    7. Hardik Pandya
    8. Chahal/Yadav/Jadeja
    9. Chahal/Yadav/Jadeja
    10. Mohammad Shami/
    11. Jasprit Bumrah

10. SaiSrini ICC President

SaiSrini
    AKA:
    Sai
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super Kings
    I just hope the team does not get into a tangle by trying to fit in Rahul along with Dhawan/Rohit. If Dhawan and Rohit are available to play, Rahul should sit out. No other option pursued. I don't think Rahul is the No. 4 and neither should Kohli move down to No. 4 to accomodate Rahul.

Dhoni at 4 would be great. Now with Rayudu not in the mix, I'd hope Dhoni is considered for 4. Play both Karthik and Pandya as the finishers along with Jadhav.

zwarrior said thanks for this.
  11. NilayShah60 Thread of the Month December 2018

NilayShah60
    AKA:
    Nilay Shah
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Mumbai Indians
    Can't keep Kedar Jadhav out at any cost

12. CricketQ20 10 Years at PC Trophy

CricketQ20
    Thanks, I completely forgot about him. Swap him for Kartik or perhaps even Shankar?

13. CricketQ20 10 Years at PC Trophy

CricketQ20
    Based on what you just said the lineup would look like

Sharma
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Dhoni
    Jadhav
    Karthik
    Pandya
    Kuldeep/Chahal/Jadeja
    Kuldeep/Chahal/Jadeja
    Shami/Bhuvi
    Bumrah

This does look solid must say

14. SaiSrini ICC President

SaiSrini
    AKA:
    Sai
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Chennai Super Kings
    Yep. And I would play Kuldeep and Chahal for most games. It weakens the lower order batting, but we already have 7 batsmen and if they can't do it, then we ain't worth doing it. And I will start off with Shami and Bumrah unless conditions explicitly require Bhuvi's swing in which case Bhuvi plays for Shami.

If swinging conditions, Shankar can play for Karthik in which case Shankar can be the 6th bowling option. But I dont expect swinging conditions to appear, more so in India games.

15. LiveLoveABD Panel of Selectors

LiveLoveABD
    The Amigos
    AKA:
    kushal17
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    This is the best squad that could have been selected. This selection committee has made some shocking collections but they saved the best for last. Good job! Just give MS the captaincy and that cup is ours!

zwarrior and Naman Thakur thanked this.