Post Line-ups ICC World Twenty20 2001 | Be Kind, Rewind - Warm-Up Fixtures

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
You missed out the T20 legend Adam Hollioake. Oh wait, looks like @El Loco missed him too.

Graeme Hick needs to be there too. With an average over 36 and strike rate of 156 after 37 T20 games, all of which were played during his late 30s/early 40s, you really wouldn't want to pass him over for an English T20 squad despite whatever he did at Test level.

Adam played his last game for England in 1999 which is why I didn't include him. But I guess if it wasn't for the passing of his brother his international career most certainly would have been prolonged. Definitely would've been a certain IPL pick if he was a few years younger.

EDIT: Basically if you really want to pick him I guess you can as he still theoretically would've been available for selection.

Hick is a good call, and you've got plenty of able pacemen there, including the all-rounders, so you might want to consider dropping one or two. Sidebottom is another I haven't included. Each ter their own.

I've added Dilshan to my 15-men squad. He made his ODI debut in 1999. So, I guess he's valid :).​
Cool, thought I'd included him, obvs not.

Last edited:

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
If Adam Hollioake played his final matches in 1999 then He can not be picked right?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks to @VC the slogger and @The Author for helping me with a bit of English history that I'm only partially familiar with; I also forgot about Adam Hollioke and didn't realise that Sidebottom was around as early as 2001 otherwise he'd have been a dead cert... This isn't really my selections anymore considering I've copied everyone elses, but oh well!

ENGLAND 15 MAN FINAL SQUAD
:bat: Nick Knight
:bat: Marcus Trescothick
:bat: Owais Shah
:bat: Darren Maddy
:bat: Ali Brown
:ar: Graeme Hick (OS)

:wkb: Alec Stewart

:ar: Paul Collingwood
:ar: Andrew Flintoff
:ar: Ben Hollioake
:ar: Adam Hollioake

:bwl: Darren Gough
:bwl: Alan Mullally
:bwl: Ryan Sidebottom

:bwl: Jeremy Snape

Elected to go with Mullally if only because he's a left-armer and that could theoretically be useful. Captain, uh, will be decided before the first game; its likely to be one of the more experienced players in the side - I'm thinking either Knight, Stewart or Adam Hollioke...

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Line-ups in please!

Warm-Up Fixtures:

Kenya v Netherlands
Bangladesh v Zimbabwe
Pakistan v Australia
New Zealand v West Indies
England v South Africa
India v Sri Lanka

at - National Stadium, Karachi

Is there any specific Pitch type?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Is there any specific Pitch type?

Most pitches in Pakistan tend to be quite dry and tend to provide assistance for the bowlers to some degree, especially spinners. So dusty, for the most part.

Last edited:

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Most pitches in Pakistan tend to be quite dry and tend to provide assistance for the bowlers to some degree, especially spinners. So mostly dusty.
Does it matter??

I am not sure if you guys understood my question.. Simulator will ask you to select a pitch type and accordingly the match will be simulated. (Commonly Used : Excellent, Normal and Poor) according to that the match will be simulated... Common some one back me up here..

T.A.Sa_biTT

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
sacq.th.png

Squad for Warm-Up Match

:bat: Herschelle Gibbs
:wkb: Gary Kirsten
:bat: Neil McKenzie
:ar: Justin Ontong - Right-arm offbreak
:wk: Mark Boucher
:arwk: Andrew Hall
:ar: Jacques Kallis
:ar: Shaun Pollock:c:
:bwl: Allan Donald
:bwl: Nicky Boje
:bwl: Paul Adams

Last edited:

T.A.Sa_biTT

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I am not sure if you guys understood my question.. Simulator will ask you to select a pitch type and accordingly the match will be simulated. (Commonly Used : Excellent, Normal and Poor) according to that the match will be simulated... Common some one back me up here..
You mean, having bowlers according to pitch type effects the results in sim??

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Squad for game against South Africa

Knight
Trescothick
Stewart (w) (c)
Hick (b)
Maddy
Brown
Flintoff (b)
Ben Hollioke (b)
Snape (b)
Sidebottom (b)
Mullally (b)

Its a warmup game so I'm trying out a few interesting players because that's what the thing is for: Gough would definitely be in a full strength XI because he's very good.

I'm going on holiday for a week from tomorrow: I'll try and pop on my phone to keep track of stuff but I can't make any firm promises. I should be able to get on at least once every couple of days though!

Users who are viewing this thread