ICCCT2006: Group A

Exactly. No Sreesanth and Powar, and out-of-form Pathan and RP? Not good selection at all. And Raina over Kaif...

Although I wanted India to win, i'm actually pretty glad that they lost now because their game against Australia will have more riding on it now, and should be an absolute thriller.

sohummisra said:
Yeah. When is that game? Just figuring out how long we have to find at least 2 batsmen who can put 50 up in the same innings.

On the 29th! :)

Shouldn't be too long, that 50 thing! Maybe, after this CT! :)

You arses India you've knocked England out!

Hang on....I don't really care...

what a match it was...well the last 15 minutes...Westindies started quickly wick gayle but after him wicket started to tumble but Chanderpaul steddies the ship with a good knock but after he was gone the runrate decreased a lot...they left it a bit too late to attack and when they did the wickets tumbled and it ended up as being one of the best matches in terms of suspense and action in this years champions trophy...can't wait till tommorow though...

The Windies are clearly the form side in this tournament. They have just beaten the two favourites. They seem to have finally found the batting order to threaten and their bowlers have come good in these conditions.

Wow, Go West Indies!!!!

So now there are 2 matches and both will decide who goes through. And a game in the middle which doesn't mean anything.

Either Aussies or Indians will be knocked out. That match just got a whole lot more appealing.

In the course of one match, the West Indies have showed us why they're always good enough to beat teams like Australia, but also that they'll struggle to pull it off consistently. Looked a lot closer than it was, but I'm glad the WIndies went through.

OMG....this Indian teams sux yo....and slectors are gay...Y didn"t they pick inform Sreesunth. And y didnt Power play...this RP singh is crap he cant bowl. Next match against Aussie will be one sided...this mighty aussie will ruin India in India...so no point of going to watch it. Stupid team!!!!!!!!!

The great thing is that nobody in a million years would hav put money on westindies getting so Far.........its nice to see the underdogs come out on top...if they retain the trophy it will be great, & it will sure make the World Cup betting odds interesting............ :happy :happy Goooooo Windies

kelvinismyname said:
The great thing is that nobody in a million years would hav put money on westindies getting so Far.........its nice to see the underdogs come out on top...if they retain the trophy it will be great, & it will sure make the World Cup betting odds interesting............ :happy :happy Goooooo Windies
Would be the first instance I've heard of if you think nobody at all would back the defending champion.

lol yea plenty of people backed them to make the final 4 given their performance at home against India.

Well at least it has made our path easier. No net run rate crap, win and you go through.
The Aus, India matches usually are very exciting and this was never going to be any different, now it's just got that added pressure.

My ideal scenario, is that the Aussies win and end up top of the table. Pakistan win and end up second so its NZ vs West Indies and Australia vs Pakistan. NZ and Australia to win and have a great final. Like always.

aussie1st said:
The Windies are clearly the form side in this tournament. They have just beaten the two favourites. They seem to have finally found the batting order to threaten and their bowlers have come good in these conditions.

Exactly, as I said in the DLF cup, the Windies to me are going to be one of the favourites in the tournament because they have had more match practice and finally we are seeing a well balanced team.

The bowling attack on paper does not look to flashy but Bradshaw has been excellent and bowling is indicative to being 3rd in ODI bowling. Taylor is also a real promise, if Windies can produce a few more of him, I'd expect them to win many more ODI matches and even tests . Bravo has been dissapointing recently, but he is still a class all rounder. Smith is very much a gentle medium pacer that doesn't do much with the ball but bowls in the right areas. Gayle and especially Samuels have improved a lot especially Samuels quick yorker balls that are pretty much unplayable. Also they have Fidel Edwards up their sleeves who can be a devastating bowler on his day.

Their fielding has improved immensely and really have lifted the spirit of the team and have supported the bowlers well.

Batting has always been strong especially if you have Gayle and Chanderpaul at the top, with Lara and Sarwan in the middle to stabilise the innings if they do lose quick wickets.

India need to take a look at their tactics against Australia. They were realistically 10-20 runs short. Dhoni should of really attacked in the 43-44th over. He took far too long to unleash. Raina was dissapointing, there were gaps everywhere yet he couldn't get a single away though to be honest it was very good bowling from Taylor. Pathan at 3rd?? India need to stop making these stupid changes to the batting lineup and keep a similar lineup every game. Dravid should always come at 3. Regardless of it being 5/1 or 106/1. RP Singh was another disappointment. I expect Sreesanth or Powar to replace him.

Users who are viewing this thread