I'm just saying what everyone is feeling..........

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
As far as english is considered, i have limited and very little knowledge of it. But still i always try to post in simple language which the listener or reader can understand.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Ofcourse, and you're a shining exampe of that :p ;)

Seriously though. You'll find my sub-standard Asian members than English/Australian etc. This is because English isn't thier first language ofcourse!

I think most understand that but my point is that instead of taking the piss, we should be educating them. My point is valid, if they learn good English at this stage then they're set for life! My point on the likes of Kshitiz, Abhas etc. stand true.
What you said is probably right.

But txt spk and not knowing proper english are two different things. When you don't know english you tend to make grammatical mistakes, illogical sentences, wrong tenses etc.

But when you use txt spk and it makes sense apart from the spelling, its different. They obviously know english, they're just shortening it for their own comfort to save some nano seconds of their life. If they would fully spell it out, problem solved even if they sometimes spell it wrong.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We had a 40 year old female serial killer here at one point. Was a solid patchmaker too...

Do you remember her massive patch when she made the cricket ball into a knife, and the batsmen's bats were turned into restraining orders? The restraining orders could block out the weaker bowlers, but the stronger bowlers bowled the knife with such precision that no batsmen could move their restraining order quickly enough to stop the knife piercing their skin.

This might just be me who remembers it.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think it was one of your 'Special Brew' induced dreams again Tassie. Although it sounds like a fun patch. Maybe we can get someone to whip that up...

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
Working on it, :p

I think that we need to put something like 30 moderated posts for the new user.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Haha owned!

And I love yours even better ;)

No, thats your mums and I was going to her house to give it back. ;)

Moving on...:rolleyes:

Tom, I didn't have a handbag out and I wasn't arguing with him. I was just saying that he just spams everything. Actually I wouldn't call it spam just annoying, so I thought I'd give him a though :)

From the little convo I've quoted you can see what I mean. Moving on...:rolleyes:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
No, thats your mums and I was going to her house to give it back. ;)

omg.

You know when you try do a joke nearly every post, for every good one theres gonna be 5 bad ones so dont try to do them all the time. A better reply to Toms post would have simply been Touche or something lol.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :p

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
omg.

You know when you try do a joke nearly every post, for every good one theres gonna be 5 bad ones so dont try to do them all the time. A better reply to Toms post would have simply been Touche or something lol.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest :p

Was that a good one or one of the 5 bad ones?

Highlander999

ICC President
If I had known a one liner from me would have caused all this, I would never have said it....

Oh and that was one of the five ;)

Highlander999 added 11 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

As far as english is considered, i have limited and very little knowledge of it. But still i always try to post in simple language which the listener or reader can understand.

Just noticed this. I think yourself and Yogy have really improved since you joined. I remember you used to really wind me up with some pretty poor posts in the story forum, but you have started posting some pretty decent feedback :) Also for me, the fact that your English is not brilliant, is no issue for me, as long as you try your best :)

tassietiger

International Cricketer

I have no problems with the way you're speaking there. Obviously there are grammar errors in there, but we can get the picture, and you're doing the best you can. I can speak a little French and even less Japanese, but if I were to talk to some French people in French, they would probably arrest me for murder de la language. It's pretty hard to talk in a second language.

When ppl tlk lyk dis tho, its trik-e 2 und-r-stnd. As long as you're speaking to the best of your English-speaking ability, nobody has any right to complain.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
That happened to me! I was taking the piss in KBC's graphics thread and I got infracted. What a load of rubbish.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I have no problems with the way you're speaking there. Obviously there are grammar errors in there, but we can get the picture, and you're doing the best you can. I can speak a little French and even less Japanese, but if I were to talk to some French people in French, they would probably arrest me for murder de la language. It's pretty hard to talk in a second language.

When ppl tlk lyk dis tho, its trik-e 2 und-r-stnd. As long as you're speaking to the best of your English-speaking ability, nobody has any right to complain.
Classic - murder de la language!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This thread isn't the place to ask 'am I a good member?', it is rarely constructive and often leads to problems.

Users who are viewing this thread