India to host world cup final

cricketfanatic

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I feel that the final should go to either Bangalore or Mohali...undoubtedly these two cities have the best stadia in India...many touring teams have said this...Even Times of India,in their recent surveys of the various stadia of the country gave the highest points for these two.

Ritwik

co-founder
It would make sense for Delhi to get it, because:

1. The Ferozshah Kotla is in the middle of a major renovation which should be completed soon.
2. Delhi is getting a major facelift and better infrastructure for the commonwealth games to be held in 2010.
3. It is likely that I will be in Delhi at the time :)

Cricketville

School Cricketer
The Final should be in either Chennai or Mumbai, they have more tradition and history than Delhi or Bangalore.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
This is good.
The BCCI will have their own stadium.
So,you can be assured that the administration would be good.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
How many Bangladeshi fans do you think will flock to Delhi to see their team win the WC?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
ZoraxDoom said:
How many Bangladeshi fans do you think will flock to Delhi to see their team win the WC?
5642. Maybe 5643 if Ashraful is married by then (is he already married?).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I hope to be cheering India at Delhi's new stadium for the World Cup final 2011. I am planning to move back to India once I finish my studies and work for a year or so!

Those at PC who will be attending that game, dont know if I would be able to meet you before 2011, but if I dont, then we will surely meet at Delhi's new stadium (provided India plays the final).

Ella Wilson

School Cricketer
world cup final 2011

It doesnt seem that Eden Garden,Calcutta is going to get to organise the finals as Saurav Ganguly may not be there and Dalmia rule seems to be over now.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Ella Wilson said:
It doesnt seem that Eden Garden,Calcutta is going to get to organise the finals as Saurav Ganguly may not be there and Dalmia rule seems to be over now.
It's not gonna happen because Delhi has already been awarded the final.

sid_19840

International Coach
It would be interesting to see if the Eden Gardens gets any matches at all after its past reputation,but I do think that it atleast deserves to host one or more games in the tourny.

Users who are viewing this thread