India to host world cup final

gaurav_indian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
sohummisra said:
I'm sure the BCCI leadership will have changed by then. However, politics-wise it may still be the same (as in the same 'party' in power). I hope this doesn't affect the preparation, though.
There have been full house at Eden Gardens before Ganguly also.Kolkata should get the final,they are cricket crazy people.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sohummisra said:
I hope the Wankhede gets it, but with them hosting the ICC Champions Trophy final, we may well see Delhi get the final. It would probably be best, seeing as Delhi has the widest roads in the country. :D
What you on about? Mumbai crowd is only slightly better than Kolkata's and tbh honest none of them deserve the final. Infact the only city that deserves it is Chennai. Very civil people down there.

gaurav_indian

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
What you on about? Mumbai crowd is only slightly better than Kolkata's and tbh honest none of them deserve the final. Infact the only city that deserves it is Chennai. Very civil people down there.
Yes Chennai is good but i doubt that they will get the final.I hope New Delhi gets it so that we can see a new stadium there and i can also see some live matches there. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its decided to take place in Delhi. Why more discussions?

Lets hope its a really grand final and that India get into the final and win the world cup for the third time in their cricket history (the 2nd time being the one this year at the carribean!)...lolz!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No No NO !
Its defi nately not New Delhi
Sharad Pawar did informsome tv channel that it was going to be in Mumbai.
Thatst he reason why the PCB was upset-India couldnt take proper decisions and stuff !

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
aussie1st said:
I thought they were building a new state of the art stadium at New Delhi?

That was suppossed to be ready before the India-Pakistan ODI held there in 2005.The are a lot of problems surrounding that ground.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No suprise....India gets everything Big in world cricket:(

rockinaway

School Cricketer
I actually don't think India should get it. I am an Indian but I don't think India will be up for the challenge of doing everything. The player will get totally shocked when they enter the country.. destroying their game! :D

anandbatra

Club Cricketer
rockinaway said:
I actually don't think India should get it. I am an Indian but I don't think India will be up for the challenge of doing everything. The player will get totally shocked when they enter the country.. destroying their game! :D

Yes, India can't hold cricket matches. They can launch satellites, but they can't hold a tournament.

Move along.. :rolleyes:

AndyRAC

School Cricketer
Whatever country gets it, the Final should be held in the biggest stadium. They can't hold it in England until they improve the grounds, they're all too small, Lords' only holds 30,000, far too small for such a major ground.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
AndyRAC said:
Whatever country gets it, the Final should be held in the biggest stadium. They can't hold it in England until they improve the grounds, they're all too small, Lords' only holds 30,000, far too small for such a major ground.
Hmm... I don't think so. Unless India are in the final, I would find it difficult to fill up a stadium even on occasion of World Cup final. But then, who knows. :P

The biggest stadium in India is Kolkata, I believe, with an unofficial capacity of about 100,000. I don't think they'll hold the final there, though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
sohummisra said:
The biggest stadium in India is Kolkata, I believe, with an unofficial capacity of about 100,000. I don't think they'll hold the final there, though.

Not with Sharad Pawar in the seat atleast. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread