India tour of Australia - 2018/19

Not totally disappointed with the way the Indian lower order imploded. Rishabh Pant went out there with clear instructions to explode and garner as many runs to the lead as possible and the ploy worked in taking India over a lead of 300. Yes Ashwin could've added a few more runs alongwith Rahane but I feel India had enough in the tank to seriously threaten Australia and get the victory they really need. And the fact that they've taken 4 wkts now is a good sign. But hope they stay put on the accelerator and go through to wrap things up as quickly as possible. Letting Australia get close here would be very worrying not only in this game but also for the series.

Very important innings from Rahane in the context of the series and for his own career. Hope it gives him the confidence to have a very good series. Him and Pujara in good form can mean the world for India's test prospects outside Asia, where they can dominate alongside Virat Kohli.

It's like whenever Shami steps out on the field, we need to tell him that it's the second inning of a test match and he will turn into a completely different bowler.

jxmq41l8k7321.jpg

What is more worrying to me as a Pakistani fan that Bumrah has surpassed our current bowlers in death (With Yorkers). Bumrah has chosen and learned the best art of bowling in death, the yorkers. Which unfortunately I don't see our bowlers bowling that frequently

Death bowling has been an issue with Pakistan post Akhtar and Umer Gul. Pakistan has always been famous for reverse swing bowling and yorkers. In ODI, We still dont have a settled bowling line up as far as fast bowlers are concerned. I think Aamir, Hasan and Junaid are still at par skill wise with indian bowling if they are utilized rightly and consistently by a captain. The advantage india has that they have a much better captain and team management as far as utilization of players are concerned.

Coming to the match, Utterly disappointed by Australians approach towards batting. They always used to have good backup. Smith and Warner exclusion has destroyed the combination it seems.

Handscomb, In the last tour of Pakistan to Australia, He felt like a wall and produced some real handy knocks for his side. Surprized to see their approach. They have to play out of their skin to save this match now.[DOUBLEPOST=1544382894][/DOUBLEPOST]
What ? That bloke has hardly played couple of series .... in the past means he is referring to the likes of Irfan Pathan,RP Singh Munaf Patel, VRV Singh etc.

Exactly, The most Irfan Pathan.

Shaun Marsh Out!!! Now there is little hope for Australia to win this match.

Now, only Paine can give pain to India by winning this match. :D

Paine's gone too now. This is firmly in India's favour with them into the tail with 60 overs remaining. Unless either Starc and Cummins settle down, it doesn't look like India will lose here. Hopefully, the lower order problem does not strike in this innings.

Unless either Starc and Cummins settle down
Oh they have!

Hopefully, the lower order problem does not strike in this innings.
Seems like it has.

Oh dear! This is is getting into the nervous territory now. Target down to 2 digits. It looks like a matter of one wicket. Someone get the tail out for god's sake.

I am having a bad feeling about this..

The tail keeps wagging and wagging ..

We just might get Curran'ed again

How costly would that Lyon's drop be?

Pant drops one....

Only 70 needed now

They are being allowed really easy singles .. Kohli needs to block those

What a pathetic and over rated bowler R Ashwin is. Has there ever been a cricketer whose 'numbers' are so so flattering? Empty vessels make the most noise I guess.

I don't understand why Lyon took a single off the very first ball of Ashwin's over. Confidence in Hazlewood that he will bat out or in Ashwin that he won't be able to dismiss him?

I don't understand why Lyon took a single off the very first ball of Ashwin's over. Confidence in Hazlewood that he will bat out or in Ashwin that he won't be able to dismiss him?

Confidence in Ashwin.[DOUBLEPOST=1544417560][/DOUBLEPOST]Whether we win or lose, Jadeja or Kuldeep should play the next test!

Users who are viewing this thread