India tour of Australia - 2018/19

B

Bigby Wolf

Another poor shot and and another wicket down. Gee we are still the same old team when it comes to playing tests overseas.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another poor shot and and another wicket down. Gee we are still the same old team when it comes to playing tests overseas.

We might even be worse when it comes to delivering, considering the wickets and the bowlers don't have as much venom as they did a decade ago[DOUBLEPOST=1544061851][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways, Rohit has crossed the 15-20 balls threshold. Big hundred coming up

B

Bigby Wolf

We might even be worse when it comes to delivering, considering the wickets and the bowlers don't have as much venom as they did a decade ago[DOUBLEPOST=1544061851][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways, Rohit has crossed the 15-20 balls threshold. Big hundred coming up
Love this Sharma ji ke puns.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Same ol' same ol' ..Nothing new here.. Now they will have rajma chawal for lunch and come to sleep on the pitch...Sharma ji's validity is 40 runs usually after that toll charges apply.. :rolleyes

Rahane again looking good and again going for wide one.. He has a thing for those wide ones always..:p

I mean they took Rohit over Vihari.. Vihari is someone I really want to play for a long time.. Any time you give him the bat he stays and scores.. Saw him in state level matches as well, was the sole fellow who was scoring in the team..

And why not have Shikhar, I mean he at least scores a quick 30-40 runs before edging one.. Rahul doesnt even do that.. Its now like who would atleast score 30-40 runs , thats the level of test cricket we are looking for now.. :facepalm

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Rohit gone for 37...that is 30 more than I expected of him.
Thanks Sharma ji for exceeding my expectations

And he did not disappoint on the other front either. Threw away his wicket despite looking set... Barely survives a six and then steps out for a slog sweep next delivery

Who else but Rohit

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Yessss

100 up. We did it guys[DOUBLEPOST=1544067642][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like pant is on the same suicide mission as Rohit

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the reason why I don't give a damn about ICC rankings. The fact this brittle team continues to remain #1 in Test cricket is a joke. Also, barring a 0-4 result, they still will be #1 :facepalm

I was somewhat hopeful that I will be proved wronged and woke up with a hint of expectation only to see them dashed away within seconds. As usual, we are gonna fold up today itself or if lucky by the 1st session of tomorrow and give the best batting conditions to the home team.

I was/am never a supporter or playing Rohit in Tests matches. As pointed out earlier, he just doesn't seem to want to stay long at the wicket which is strange because you do see him do that in ODIs. Pant is another one who is giving me the same feeling. Why on earth do you want to keep attacking when you're many wickets down for a few runs. I mean even singles will do, why go for boundaries?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Main difference between Che and others is, he values his wicket. Just hope Ashwin contributes with bat and stays with Che. Need to score atleast 200 here.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Nice knock by Pujara. As stated above, he puts a high price to his wicket and it is great to see such an approach amidst the harakiri happening around him

He too edged a couple deliveries, but played closed to the body and played with soft hands to make sure it falls well short of the slips.[DOUBLEPOST=1544074309][/DOUBLEPOST]As I say this, Pujara goes with hard hands for the first time and survives

But he earned that survival

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So Ashwin has played more deliveries than Rahul, Vijay, Kohli, Rahane combined

SHAME !

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think time has come to ask Mr. Rahane to warm the bench.

I think so too. We dont need someone who is so low on confidence at the crucial no.5 spot. He was getting runs today but that horrible shot on the delivery at 6th-7th stump shows how muddled his mindset is right now. Rahane at his peak would have left that 10 out of 10 times

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I dread the moment where the first ball of the Aussie test season won`t have the familiar comforting voices of the Channel 9 team. Surely, they won`t have Brendon Julian, Dean Jones and Co. calling test cricket! Reading the names of the Fox commentary team for the tests makes me sad. Do they have different commentators on Channel 7 and Fox? I will be following this series on willow.tv. I`ve grown up watching almost all cricket in Australia in the last 20 years regardless of the teams and that was largely due to the Channel 9 broadcast. Although they did lose a bit of quality since the passing of Richie and Tony Greg (despite his not so great insights got color to the broadcast), I still loved the quality that Mark Nicolas and Ian Chappel got to the table. I have never been a fan of fanboy `cricketer-turned-commentators' like Ian Healy, Slater and Mark Taylor and the new commentary team seems to be full of that breed.

Honetly, commentary has been pathetic. Apart from a few commentators, like Gilchrist for eg., most of these "commentators" are absolutely dreadful to the ear and the mind. I'm a neutral watching this and can't stand it to be honest. No one, in any context, should have to put up with Shane Warne AND Michael Vaughan at the same time. Where are you Bill Lawry!

EDIT: What a class act Pujara. Rahul Dravid 2.0? I think I might be leaning to cheer for India now. They needed to get some more Indian voices in the box. Gavaskar is always great.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Gotta love Test cricket

On such a horrible day for an Indian fan, it still gets your heart racing ... Pujara on 99. But Shami to face one full over of Starc. The mini games within the game ... :eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread