India tour of Australia - 2018/19

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Watch this show called 2 nations, 1 obsession on YouTube. It's a SONY show. Brilliant stuff. Also, Ravi Shastri.. I don't know how high he was.

B

Bigby Wolf

Watch this show called 2 nations, 1 obsession on YouTube. It's a SONY show. Brilliant stuff. Also, Ravi Shastri.. I don't know how high he was.
It's an original documentary by Fox not Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its funny that people are writing Hanuma off after just one game where he actually played well scored 56 if I am not wrong in the first inning and his crucial partnership with Jadeja was what kept India in that game.

Rohit on the other side is a good headache to have, he is a good limited overs player and on his day will definitely own the match but his days are really often and needs to be all 5 days of a test match. I would pick Hanuma over Rohit for the only fact that Hanuma is untested. Hanuma on the other hand has a good first unofficial test in New Zealand recently scoring 86 runs and scored a half century in the warm up as well.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I dread the moment where the first ball of the Aussie test season won`t have the familiar comforting voices of the Channel 9 team. Surely, they won`t have Brendon Julian, Dean Jones and Co. calling test cricket! Reading the names of the Fox commentary team for the tests makes me sad. Do they have different commentators on Channel 7 and Fox? I will be following this series on willow.tv. I`ve grown up watching almost all cricket in Australia in the last 20 years regardless of the teams and that was largely due to the Channel 9 broadcast. Although they did lose a bit of quality since the passing of Richie and Tony Greg (despite his not so great insights got color to the broadcast), I still loved the quality that Mark Nicolas and Ian Chappel got to the table. I have never been a fan of fanboy `cricketer-turned-commentators' like Ian Healy, Slater and Mark Taylor and the new commentary team seems to be full of that breed.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ashwin is horrible, period. Any spinner in India can pick the wickets he does in the SC. His batting thought is really good.

I know Ashwin's record overseas is not the best but he has'nt been terrible since 2014 either. In fact, for all the hype, Harbhajan couldn't buy a wicket overseas. It took Kumble 2 full tours of Australia and England before he learned the art of taking wickets in Australia or England (he had terrible tours in 1992 and 1999). Murali had a terrible record in Australia as well. If you even followed India`s last tour to Australia, Ashwin bowled really well in the last test at Sydney and just did`nt have the support from the other end that test. He just played one test at the Oval in the 2014 England tour and bowled very well. I'm not a huge Ashwin fan but I`ve seen those tests and he looked like someone who could take wickets in those tests which is not something I would say about Bhajji in Eng/Aus or even Kumble pre-2003. Coming to this batch of overseas tours, he was good in the first innings at Centurion and took wickets in the Cape Town tests in the limited opportunities he had to bowl there. Again, he was really good in the first test at Birmingham in England and did a good job at Trent Bridge as well (was a seam dominated test again). The only let down was in the second dig at Centurion and the really vital second innings at Southampton in England. I don`t see why were are writing him off. Anyone who has seen test cricket in England and Australia would know that it takes overseas spinners a while to get used to these conditions. You would`nt write off Kumble or Murali's careers because a bulk of their wickets came in the SC, would you. Similarly, overseas spinners seldom do well on Asian tracks despite all the talks of you just having to turn up to take wickets in those conditions.

Ashwin`s averages in England and SA since 2014 are 30 and 32 which are not horrendous. This will be his final overseas tour if he fails to deliver in any case.

Last edited:

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
He can be the difference, a key player if he plays responsibly. These conditions are decent for him to perform well, I won't write him off like others when it comes to Test cricket since he has played only about 25 Test matches in which he hasn't been good overseas but you can't judge anyone based on a series or two played few years ago.
To add to that; this post was about Rohit alone and not him versus Vihari.

Vihari on the other hand deserves opportunities, not just one series and I don't know how you can judge him based on one Test match that too in England where he scored a fifty in his first match. His FC record is too good to be ignored. He should be playing and get enough chances if not all Test matches in this series.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I know Ashwin's record overseas is not the best but he has'nt been terrible since 2014 either. In fact, for all the hype, Harbhajan couldn't buy a wicket overseas. It took Kumble 2 full tours of Australia and England before he learned the art of taking wickets in Australia or England (he had terrible tours in 1992 and 1999). Murali had a terrible record in Australia as well. If you even followed India`s last tour to Australia, Ashwin bowled really well in the last test at Sydney and just did`nt have the support from the other end that test. He just played one test at the Oval in the 2014 England tour and bowled very well. I'm not a huge Ashwin fan but I`ve seen those tests and he looked like someone who could take wickets in those tests which is not something I would say about Bhajji in Eng/Aus or even Kumble pre-2003. Coming to this batch of overseas tours, he was good in the first innings at Centurion and took wickets in the Cape Town tests in the limited opportunities he had to bowl there. Again, he was really good in the first test at Birmingham in England and did a good job at Trent Bridge as well (was a seam dominated test again). The only let down was in the second dig at Centurion and the really vital second innings at Southampton in England. I don`t see why were are writing him off. Anyone who has seen test cricket in England and Australia would know that it takes overseas spinners a while to get used to these conditions. You would`nt write off Kumble or Murali's careers because a bulk of their wickets came in the SC, would you. Similarly, overseas spinners seldom do well on Asian tracks despite all the talks of you just having to turn up to take wickets in those conditions.

Ashwin`s averages in England and SA since 2014 are 30 and 32 which are not horrendous. This will be his final overseas tour if he fails to deliver in any case.

Yeah.. I just feel Kuldeep Yadav is the best spinner in the world at the moment. He should be playing the first test! No logic behind my assumption. Pure gut feel.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Looking at the conditions, I think we have definately missed an opportunity by not playing Kuldeep. I would have gone with 5 bowlers and play both Ashwin and Kuldeep. I know it's risky for the first test but I feel that we could have definitely taken advantage of the Adelaide conditions. From the 12 that are selected, it is very tempting to bring Rohit in considering how destructive he has been for India in limited overs but he hasn't done anything in FC to deserve that place so I would go ahead with Vihari and he also provides that 5th bowling option.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
And as expected, you don't pick Rohit in 12 and don't pick him the 11 just because it is so tempting to have him in the line-up. Definately last chance for Rohit to make a mark in test cricket. Really feel for Vihari but again, if Rohit doesn't do well in the first couple of tests, he comes back straight away and Rohit will be out of Indian test team.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
What a poor start. Exactly what we did not want on the first morning. Gifting all 3 wickets to the bowlers and just throwing their hands out there to play loose drive. How can you drive when the ball is still moving around like that. Just poor cricket from India.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a start ... Pure rubbish batting. All 3 gifts against some accurate bowling[DOUBLEPOST=1544058539][/DOUBLEPOST]

I watched a bit of that. The show was great

SHASTRI was high af

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
GIFT NUMBER 4

9b2.gif

Rohit Sharma to score double hundred here.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Again driving with hard hands and caught

And in comes Sharma ji. God help us all

Yet another overseas, yet another poor start. By the time our batsmen get their bearings right, the series will be lost again. Best chance to win down under? yes. We will fail to achieve it again? Yes

Users who are viewing this thread