India tour of New Zealand - Jan to Feb 2014

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Watling dismissal was clearly a no ball, should have gone upstairs.

That's exactly what I thought on that last replay of the dismissal.

Edit: This is some really novice camerawork. They keep following where they think the ball is hit rather than where the ball is going. Also, wtf @ Dhoni bringing in Rohit Sharma for a last wicket.

Also, I'm loving this argumentative banter between the commentators.

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't see India going anywhere near victory. Now with this kind of second innings, am expecting our dear skipper to come up with excuses of 'We did well, it was just the first innings where NZ got better and it made difference!'. :rolleyes

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If it were an ideal world, India should be spurred on here to go for a victory. To chase 407 with more than 2 days to go is not where you think of stonewalling your way to a draw. NZ have more than enough time to force a win. India have more than enough time to chase the target. So for India, the task is clear - go for the win. And that means, play positive. Playing positive is the only way India can challenge this total and make a fight out of it.

Hope India comes out with the right mindset. I wouldn't put it past them to chase this down, but right now I give them only a 10% chance and that too due to the confidence they'd have gained after a stellar display with the ball and on the field.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
What a effort by india to bowl out nz for 105 never expected this :cheers

ferg512

International Coach
What a effort by india to bowl out nz for 105 never expected this :cheers

India bowled ok but we just choked really, we were so far ahead in the game it looked like we didn't know what to do. Also don't think we bowled particularly well in the first innings, just that most of the batsman threw it away. This has been some of the worst batting I've seen in quite a while in a test.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Surprisingly India managed to bowl them out cheaply after after dismissing half of them before 30. Does not happen generally. Even in the past in our foreign outings we've had situations where our bowlers have restricted the opposition to taking 3 or 4 wickets under 50, but only to loose the momentum and let them score 300 or more. Surprising to me really that they got rid of them for only a 100.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That Vijay dismissal was a very lucky one for the umpire. The hotspot doesn't show up anything. The snicko shows up a minor vibration when the ball passes bat.

But apart from that, both Vijay and Dhawan batted pretty well. Hope Dhawan can continue here with Pujara's support. Ideally, I would not want India to lose anymore wickets before stumps today. Tomorrow morning is going to be testing times because morning sessions yielded favorable returns for bowlers on Day 1 and Day 3 (Day 3 being the craziest with 10 wickets).

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow! Wonder why NZ didn't enforce the follow on. I would have gone in for the kill. But finally something positive for the Indians. I just hope it doesn't follow the same path as the 4th Ashes test.

PS: I don't think Ishant is gonna be benched now. Don't know if he really bowled well or the opposition just gifted their wickets away.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I would continue with Ishant, and drop Zaheer Khan. He has looked totally un-threatening this test. In fact, more of his wickets this test were gifts than that of Ishant's. Ishant has bowled well in this game and should get his chances in the upcoming tests.

That's the end of the day, and I would dare to say now, this match is even stevens. And the most boring of the results, a draw, is almost ruled out. India have tremendously blown the door open and are now with a major shout to win this test match. WHATTA DAY'S PLAY!!!

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I would continue with Ishant, and drop Zaheer Khan. He has looked totally un-threatening this test. In fact, more of his wickets this test were gifts than that of Ishant's. Ishant has bowled well in this game and should get his chances in the upcoming tests.

That's the end of the day, and I would dare to say now, this match is even stevens. And the most boring of the results, a draw, is almost ruled out. India have tremendously blown the door open and are now with a major shout to win this test match. WHATTA DAY'S PLAY!!!

Lets get it right. Its heavily in NZ's favor. We are yet to reach 100 and have this tendency to lose wickets in big chunks. We will go on to lose it still but it is a lot closer than we expected at the start of day 3.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sai, how is it even? :D

This reminds me Astle's 200 which was the fastest & against England, where Kiwis almost chased down the huge total making all the English bowlers to break their heads. We really need such a gem of an innings to even go near the target.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Lets get it right. Its heavily in NZ's favor. We are yet to reach 100 and have this tendency to lose wickets in big chunks. We will go on to lose it still but it is a lot closer than we expected at the start of day 3.

Not that heavily. Seeing the way India have batted, this wicket seems to have no demons in it whatsoever. I know we have the tendency to lose wickets in a heap, that's why I said even stevens.

Cricinfo says NZ still ahead. Probably yes. But the way India have batted in the 2nd innings sends out strong signals that NZ probably imploded in their 2nd innings spectacularly. And that makes me feel its even.

----------

This reminds me Astle's 200 which was the fastest & against England, where Kiwis almost chased down the huge total making all the English bowlers to break their heads. We really need such a gem of an innings to even go near the target.

320 to win with 9 wickets in hand and 2 days to go doesn't feel even to you? If India had lost 2 more wickets, I would said this is heavily loaded in NZ's favor. But its now down to 320 with 6 sessions to go and we still have one of our best batsman playing in the middle and the other one yet to come. And with the wicket behaving like this, hell yeah I feel we are very much in the same spot as NZ.

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

I don't think NZ were even close in that game. Despite that Astle knock they were never in it. Cairns was injured and batted at 10 or 11 that game if i rememver right. It was with him that Astle scored a bulk of his score and NZ were well out of it by then. Plus add to the fact that Christchurch was a ridiculously small ground for test cricket.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Wow! Wonder why NZ didn't enforce the follow on. I would have gone in for the kill.

Completely with you. This was NZ chance to say they weren't scared of India's batting and send them in again. They'd only bowled 20 overs in the morning, none of the bowlers had been overworked, and they were 300 in front. Perfect time for it really and I thought McCullum as an aggressive captain might have gone for it, but no...Seems the follow on is way out of fashion right now :( Wonder if ticket sales and ratings have anything to do with it. Stretch the game as long as possible?

grkrama

National Board President
i just slept the saturday morning and wake up to find this incredible....wow im a happy fan, have to catch the full highlights, but still some work to do lets see:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread