India

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't start that debate again. Although i agree he was better than Tendulkar in Tests but only between 2002-2004 when he was at his peak.;)

6ry4nj

International Coach
:facepalm

What did I say to deserve this .

Please read my previous posts. I have said Sachin should not walk. No batter should walk. It is the job of the umpires to make decisions , let them earn their pay . I never talked about chivalry etc and I do not have any alias .

The age old argument about Raina etc dont hold any water. These talks about senior players blocking junior players positon have been going around since I was in diapers :D.

There is a huge difference between taking money to bowl a no ball and walking .

"India was trying to loose the match" . I had no idea . If they wanted to do that they would have played Nehra , Shreesanth and Piyush Chawla together in that team .

Firstly, thanks for giving a reasoned response (unlike Mohit, AkshayS and shravi).

Also firstly, it's nothing personal mate. I picked one post to quote, but I was responding to the debate as a whole. Good on you for being one of few who oppose walking.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with Tendulkar being in the team. As I also said, the medium to long-term "planning" that can't see past him is where the problem lies.

There is a huge difference between taking money to bowl a no-ball and walking. Unless you are taking money to do it also. When a player takes it upon himself to alter the game in the opposition's favour, that should be treated with suspicion.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
By the law of averages, Ricky Ponting may end up scoring big against India....Stop him, somehow...:(

Dravid was dumped- the selectors don't have the balls to drop Tendulakr even if he is not in good form. Else even Dravid,for that matter Ganguly would have carried on for 20 years.

Don't talk about techniques and Dravid and not going hand in hand. You have to be really sloshed to make such a comment. Rahul Dravid-The most technically sound batsman India has ever produced since Vijay Manjrekar.

Dravid did not display the brilliance that Sachin showed. Why wasnt Sachin dropped? Because he proved that he CANNOT BE DROPPED!!! Dravid didnt do it.

Technique wise, Sachin is as good as any Indian batsmen ever. If you say he is vulnerable to spinners these days, Dravid has also become vulnerable to the incoming deliveries and has a weakness at the beginning of his innings. Sachin is no inferior to Dravid in technique. Dravid can never beat Sachin in resilence, longevity and hard minded approach

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Let's just end the Dravid-Tendulkar topic. Tomorrow is the big match.

Just what Shravi said on last page, Ashwin is a must for next game. If he's dropped again then Dhoni should be exterminated. Two spinners against a weak australian batting lineup (only against quality spin), then we have a real chance of winning this. Though Chawla performed against them in warmup but I don't think he will be coming back after disastrous performances.
Coming to batting lineup, Raina must come in for Pathan, I just can't imagine Pathan going against 3 150+ Kph bowlers, Raina is better and can provide stability too.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I can see White finally teeing off against Pathan. He's been quite for a fair few matches, even coming into this world cup so he really is due and a bowler that has absolutely no skill whatsoever (no turn, no bounce, no variation in speed, just darts) will just make it easier for him.

Atharv

Club Cricketer
I can see White finally teeing off against Pathan. He's been quite for a fair few matches, even coming into this world cup so he really is due and a bowler that has absolutely no skill whatsoever (no turn, no bounce, no variation in speed, just darts) will just make it easier for him.

It would be fantastic to see Pathan cutting loose in the match against Australia, provided he is in the team . It would be some sight :D

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
I think AngryPixel lost them when he was 18, and so he feels that everyone goes through the same phase. ;)

Says the person who thinks Sachin has bluffed umpire a lot of times without any concrete proof :rolleyes

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Says the person who thinks Sachin has bluffed umpire a lot of times without any concrete proof
I don't need to prove, I remember many instances when he showed his bat on a LBW appeal or touched his shoulder when the ball brushed his bat's handle.

And I am in no mood to discuss about Sachin again, so let's close that topic.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Yudi the credible source of Information. I guess i have to believe it because you said it:rolleyes
Another News from Yudi:facepalm
I have a strong feeling that if not Haddin, then Watson is surely involved in the fixing stuff. Yesterday only I was talking to my dad regarding match fixing and named Watson as one of the guys who should be investigated.

And these posts are so insightful
I can promise that if Sehwag is involved even in just spot fixing, I suicide!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Now what was the need to quote a post which was posted in another thread! And I never said that Watson and Haddin have fixed the matches, I said I feel that Watson may be involved.

The second post you quoted was a sarcasm. Now it's your problem if you fail to understand what sarcasms are.

And I am not gonna reply to any of your further posts on this topic. Rather than having a healthy debate, you always tend to move away from the topic creating mess everywhere. None of your posts in the 'Sachin-Dravid-Sehwag' discussion have been substantial, you have just chipped with utterly meaningless posts at times.

Now don't quote the above and reply with another meaningless post. I said it before and I say it again, it's better to end that topic. Let's move on and discuss team India's progress in the WC.

It would be fantastic to see Pathan cutting loose in the match against Australia, provided he is in the team . It would be some sight
If we go according to the 'not so famous' law of averages, Yusuf should fire. I have been waiting to see him hit the huge ones for quite some time now. Won't be surprised if he does that against Australia. :D
All I hope that he isn't dropped for Sehwag, Raina should sit out.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Grow up Yudi... Atleast i gave fact supporting my views. You were just making up things as you like:facepalm. Quote even single of your post from last 5 pages of this discussion which is backed by a solid source? Can't do that, can you? Because you didnt do it.:lol

----------

IMO law of averages is just a flawed assumption. f you give a avg player "n" number of chance, he is bound to come good in a few of them.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
In the above context, Ponting has not scored any runs in this WC, so he is due for a big score. By the same logic, SAF have been virtually unbeaten in the tournament, they are due for a loss and so on and so forth. Applying that to our team, India has not really peaked in the Cup and neither has England.
:lol
The law of averages actually proved to be true:P

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
i think its time for some cucumbers to be chopped off !!:mad

they've almost gone stale....

Users who are viewing this thread