Indian bowlers who have the potential.

macintosh

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is a list of Indian bowlers who have the potential to make it big at the international level. I have opened this thread because there is always a cry of lack of quality pacers in the Indian team which is actually not the case. There are quite a few talented bowlers out there who are bowling on unhelpful wickets and going unnoticed.

People who hit the deck hard are least likely to succeed in the Indian domestic tournaments because of the SG balls(which favours swing bowlers) and turning wickets. Here is a list of some less popular guys who are quite good at quick bowling and need to be considered for the future.

Shrikant Wagh
Shrikant Wagh | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Abu Nechim
Abu Nechim | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Dhawal Kulkarni(he is finally getting a chance though)
Dhawal Kulkarni | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Ishwar Chaudhary(not Ishwar Pandey)
Ishwar Chaudhary | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Kamran Khan(isn't even selected for the FC games despite of being quick and aggressive, a lot better than some of the bowlers in the domestic tournaments)
Kamran Khan | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Might add a couple of more names I guess.

Last edited:

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Until they make it on the international scene with a sustained period of quality, I can't say anything about them. There is always a group of "quicks" in India who are apparently the saviours of Indian fast bowling but they never last. They either lose form or breakdown physically, recent examples are Yadav and Sharma. Shami is doing ok currently but again he is being hype to the moon.

The best of the lot I've seen over the last year is Kumar, not fast but deadly accurate and can swing the ball. Only one that I think will last in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread