[Indian Cricket Career] Beta Testing

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sohum, one very important thing, why dont you make the sim automatic ? This way if you're inactive for some time also sims can go on :)
It was automatic before I moved to my new server. I just added the cronjobs today, in fact, so everything should be automatic (fingers crossed). I also made training (hopefully) more believable and it also sends out a message if you got injured saying how and why.

I'm going to add at least one feature later tonight: diaries. I've got the structure down now it's just all the formatting I gotta code. I'm also looking through the beta testing thread and have so far come across the following ideas that I shortlisted:

1. Performance-based sponsorships (as well as being affected by agent)
2. Scenario for performance-enhancers (help recover from injury, boosts form).

I only got to about page 10 of this thread though. I'll be doing more stuff over the next couple of days.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Diary feature is in. Although you cannot delete or modify diaries yet. You can also go to my teams page and see the last few diaries that were written by your teammates. If you see any bugs, please do the needful (submit the bug report). Cheers.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sweet :)
Can't wait for the new one. Do we replace players, or are we completely new players added into the database for the domestic team?

pal

International Coach
Zorax, are you Mohammed Tauqir? I seem to see your diary in the 'My Team' page for India.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Zorax, are you Mohammed Tauqir? I seem to see your diary in the 'My Team' page for India.
Nice find. ;) It's fixed.

Sweet :)
Can't wait for the new one. Do we replace players, or are we completely new players added into the database for the domestic team?
You will have to re-register. This time you will choose your name, what state you want to play for and whether you are a batsman/bowler/wicket-keeper. Accordingly, a random player will be generated and you will replace a computer player in the state of your choice. If your state is full, you will be asked to choose another state.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Looks like the cronjob worked. :) Bangladesh lost the series to India in the end. Good bowling by Bhajji as well.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
You can now edit and delete diary entries.

Dont they have two more games ? It shows in my calender !
Those are test matches. I should probably include that information in the calendar. ;)

You can now browse the calendar forward and backward. :)

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
For those of you who are in multiple teams (given the addition of the African and Asian XI's) you can choose which team is your "active team". This will allow you to view that team's details and see the matches coming up for that team.

As anyone who visits the My Sponsorships page will notice, I've started working on the performance-based sponsorships. This bar will fill up pretty slowly and steadily and once it gets full, you will probably get a sponsorship.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The following result is unrealistic, it is highly unlikely for a team following on to turn the match around and for a team that batted so well in their first innings to do so poorly in their second innings!

1st Test Result

West Indies 1st innings: 652/6 (Chanderpaul 171)
England 1st innings: 358 all out
England 2nd innings: 523 all out (Collingwood 123)
West Indies 2nd innings: 71 all out (Panesar 4/27)

England win by 158 runs

pal

International Coach
Your account balance is currently Rs. 143,810, which means you will earn an interest of about Rs. 7,191 per month (or about Rs. 240 every day). Please use the forms below to deposit or withdraw money, or move your business to another bank.

I was just wondering if the interest is paid weekly or in real time. Also, are the sponsorships paid weekly or are they a one-time thing?

Users who are viewing this thread