[Indian Cricket Career] News Updates and Announcements

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sohum, can you tell a sort of ideal fitness plan so we know how to keep ourselves away from injury and sorta increase fitness ?
As long as you don't have any career-threatening activities, you will not get injured (for the most part). If you have are already starting on low fitness, my suggestion would be to not add anything, or add some very, very light exercise, as in this case you will gain fitness. For each life-threatening exercise you add, the probability of getting injured is about 70%. So the more you add, the more probability you have of getting injured.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Soham ,when the next phase is starting , i cannot wait for shopping , ihave lots of money now to spend :D btw i got a new bat today :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Mumbai just won two back-to-back Ranji trophies (as in real life.... that's cause I made them stronger ;)), playing with randomly generated players. The finalists were Bengal and Delhi. I have implemented grounds in all forms of the game except WC thus far, so that part is ready to go. There are currently about 100 grounds in the game (worldwide).

I basically have to program most of the game this week because I begin work soon.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Sohum, i was thinking, would it be better to have a option where a player can choose not to play ? For e.g when a player is low on fitness, he can skip a minnow match and use his fitness in the bigger match ? or maybe to regain fitness for the next series this way ?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sohum, i was thinking, would it be better to have a option where a player can choose not to play ? For e.g when a player is low on fitness, he can skip a minnow match and use his fitness in the bigger match ? or maybe to regain fitness for the next series this way ?
Definitely a good idea. I will implement this now. ;)

As for the real announcement, Beta Testing, Phase I is now complete. Your accounts will be duly suspended right now and deleted later. ;)

WORLD CHAMPIONS

As for the real announcement, Beta Testing, Phase I is now complete. Your accounts will be duly suspended right now and deleted later. ;)

And what about those free bats and cash :eek: dont say that they will be disappeared :(

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member

Cheers sohum :) I just came to think about it when i thought about the world cup sort of things. You most probably want to perform better against australia then canada :D

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Can there me an option to move overseas? Something that may cost a lot of cash, and you will need to wait for 4 years before playing an international again, but it can help extend your career? Say I am 28 and in India. A great player, but am being forced out by younger ones. I retire from Test Cricket, move to UAE where I play locally for 4 seasons, then play in a World Cup when I am 32/33 before officially retiring? Would be a nice touch.
Or maybe just playing for a club overseas for a season or something?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Definately a great idea Kshitiz :clap sohum ,can we have options in which positions we want to bat :) eg - in UAE match - most of the times Top orders finish the matches .Middleorder or lower order dont get chances to have some fun while batting :D and also if we have this option it will improve our batting skill :cool:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Hadn't got time to work on this for a while but got back into things today.

I finished the following today:

1. Stats tracking by Ranji trophy (can be extended into any series). This means that each series will (eventually) have the ability to have it's own stats tracked. Should have been something I had thought of in the beginning but I hadn't. This also makes selection of teams/promotions etc. easier.

2. Selection of Rest of India team for Irani Trophy. This selects a squad of 20 from the Rest of India (basically excluding Ranji champions). The squad structure is 4 openers+2 keepers+4 fast bowlers+6 batsmen+4 bowlers. This basically ensures that my team selection algorithm doesn't barf.

Doesn't seem like much but it took a while. :) Next in line I will integrate the separate stats tracking for ranjiod and then hopefully for all series. Finally, I will work on the Deodhar/Duleep trophy team selection (shouldn't be that hard by just reusing the code for Rest of India team selection) and program those series.

I've been postponing the last core feature, which is contracts and promotions to the national team. Basically what I'm thinking is you might get selected to a higher squad (higher meaning club -> state or state -> India a or state->national or india a->national, etc.) if you've performed well in a season, but you will be given a contract scenario (i.e. score x runs in x games). If you complete this scenario at that level, then you will be awarded a contract.

Users who are viewing this thread