[Indian Cricket Career] News Updates and Announcements

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Does where in the world you play make any difference? e.g. there is a higher chance of being mugged if playing in one of Lancashire's few home games in Liverpool ;)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
:D:D:D

Im sure Evo would be thrilled to hear that comment.

rickyp

International Coach
awesome site lol! cant wait to see some physical progress! although your updates are great, im looking forward to this a lot, keep up the good stuff

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
To recover this thread I will make a mostly meaningless post. I have about 25% of the scenarios done. This is a loose estimate. When we reach 100%, we will probably be ready to start beta. Keep the beta applications coming in. Remember, the website for beta applications is beta.cricketcareer.net.

If you have helped with the production of the game, PM me and let me know the information you had put on the application (name and email) and I will make sure you get on the beta testing team. That's all from here.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
We may have finished with implementing scenarios that we want to have implemented by beta. The things to do now before moving to beta can be counted on two fingers (haha):

1. Develop the administration system
2. Develop chron jobs so that the thing can become slightly automated.

Might as well add building in a proper bug-reporting system in there.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Almost there. :) The administration system is almost done. Cron jobs will be next on the list. And then the bells and whistles that I may push to add during actual beta testing (such as biographies, players of the week, players of the month, user documentation, etc.).

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The World Cup class has been created and ready to go. All that remains to be done now before beta is iron out a few little bugs, code a little form that allows you to enter teams for a world cup and think about extras.

I ran a dummy world cup (with random grouping) and guess what? It was an India-Pakistan final. However, this WC was not very accurate because since I only had 15 teams, I included Zimbabwe in two groups (thinking, "They can't qualify!"). I overlooked the fact that everyone else in their group were associates. So they qualified twice and hence the Super 8 stage was kinda warped. :D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Phew. Done with automated World Cup creation. I just simmed the 2007 World Cup with Netherlands set to UAE and Bermuda appearing twice (in place of Kenya). Was good stuff.

There were no upsets in the league stage. Australia lost to South Africa in the league stage but were unbeatable through the super 8's. India led their group and lost only to Pakistan in the Super 8. They were the 4 semifinalists.

It was Australia vs. South Africa for the first semifinal. South Africa scored a modest 244 which was overhauled by Australia in 35 overs, including a crunching unbeaten 99 by Ponting. In the other semifinal, India got revenge when they chased down 277 including a aggressive half-century from Dhoni (63 off 53) and a mutilating innings from Pathan (69 off 47 with 3 sixes).

It was hence a repeat of the 2003 finals with Australia taking on India. India batted first and put up 285/9 in their 50 with a couple of starts but no one going on to make a big innings. Dhoni had 77 off 65 balls. The Australians .... chased it down. (:(). It was Ponting shining again as a sparkling unbeaten 119 off 113 with 13 fours and 4 sixes took Australia home with 6 wickets remaining and in the 49th over.

I forgot to reset stats before starting the tournament, and I haven't implemented tournament-based stat tracking yet so I cannot give you anything from the statistical point of view. :( Time to sleep, now. :D

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
All international teams have now been added. The last of the teams were Kenya and Netherlands and I added them now. I'm going to simulate a World Cup in my development environment and if all goes well then I'll add the WC to the beta fixtures and we should be ready to roll, just in time for the WC!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Awesome! :)
And nice to see some fixtures for UAE :) We beat Scotland first up! Whooo! :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'll be moving onto my new server fairly soon. Enough disk space and bandwidth to keep a depressed person happy.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
With beta testing (phase I) ending in about 6 days, I would like to thank everyone who helped me with ironing out bugs and testing the system out. Along with the features of the domestic system, you can expect to see the following things in the final version:

1. More shops
2. Fewer injuries
3. Grounds and pitches affecting batting/bowling
4. "Quests" of sorts where you have to find items in return for cash
5. Food

I cannot think of anything else that is feasible off the top of my head, so that's it, for now. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread