[Indian Cricket Career] News Updates and Announcements

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's brilliant news Sohum! I'm delighted that this game is still flourishing. Anything I can help with?

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
This sounds brilliant. When the game is finished I will definitely give it a good go. Beta testing would also be nice :)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah same goes for me Sohum; If you need any BETA testers then i'm your man. :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Haha, beta testing has got everyone excited, eh?

I will post information, after consultation with pal, over the next few weeks. Rest assured that the people who have helped with the game (be it research, teams or ideas and such) will be on the priority list of beta testing.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That's good to hear Sohum, I hope to hear from you and/or Pal in the forthcoming weeks.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sorry about the lack of updates in the last few weeks. I have began coding again, though not at any sort of appreciable speed. I have continued to test the engine and fixed team selection algorithms to be more balanced (this after I saw India choose a team with Dhoni coming in at 5 and the following 'batsmen' were bowlers).

Also, do you guys think I should put in a commentary module for games played or not? This wouldn't involve too much trouble from an implementation perspective, but I would need to create commentary files and such. What I want to know is does anyone really read the commentary on games such as battrick?

embi

International Coach
On Battrick pretty much everyone looks the commentary if they can get online whilst their games on. The problem with commentary is that you have to have enough commentary lines or it looks so silly and repetetive. Battrick solved this problem by getting users to submit their own lines.
I mainly read the funny ones, or the wicket ones (to find out how the player got out).

Good luck with the game btw.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
By commentry, you mean audio or text files like battrick?
Maybe not for this version sohum, and relese this one early. Then on version 1.1/2.0 you could release it with the commentry, and bug fixes (i doubt you'll have many!)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Cricketman93 said:
By commentry, you mean audio or text files like battrick?
Maybe not for this version sohum, and relese this one early. Then on version 1.1/2.0 you could release it with the commentry, and bug fixes (i doubt you'll have many!)
No audio, as it will be an internet-based game. Commentary would be printed. I'm not going to have a 'live' output either, unlike battrick. All the tools to generate commentary are already in there, I would just need to create a DB of commentary and select stuff from it accordingly. However, commentary would waste a lot of db space (the current, uncompressed scorecard version takes up about 40 MB of DB space for about 2000 games--FC and OD mixed) in the long run.

pal

International Coach
I think you're right about the live output. I don't think individual players would want to wait through other players' innings or spells for their own, but of course, there is always a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread