IPL Indian Premier League 2010

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Oh brilliant! This guy can go and stick his head anywhere he likes. $50 million bribe? He's sick!

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Today, the BCCI headquarter was raided by Income Tax officials who smelt a rat in the sources of IPL funds.
Meanwhile, the names of two more political biggies got entwined with the IPL, as the Kochi-team owners accused Narendra Modi and Vasundhara Raje of putting pressure on them to withdraw their bid.
The whole thing is getting murkier every day. :facepalm

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^I don't know whether it would be good for IPL or not.
Anyways, Who cares?

King Cricket

International Coach
srikarr12 said:
You can all sleep comfortably now. All is well.

As usual the media made a mountain over a mole hill.

Cricket | "IT officials satisfied after inquiry" | ESPNSTAR.com

Nope. All is not well. Modi and the other team owners may say whatever they like, but today, there was a nationwide probe into the IPL bidding process and the source of fundings of the various teams, with the income tax officers visiting the headquarters of teams like Kings XI Punjab. Also, if I go by media reports, a move has already started within the BCCI to remove Modi as the IPL Chairman after the end of this year's IPL.

news.outlookindia.com | Kings XI Punjab Visited in Nationwide IPL I-T Probe

There were also reports that similar exercise was undertaken at Rajasthan Royals office in Jaipur and in the office of one of the owners of Kochi franchise in Bangalore but there is no confirmation.

A senior I-T official in New Delhi said, the department may undertake nation-wide operations to widen their probe.

"Once we have the understanding of the bidding process and the investment patterns of these franchisees, a nation-wide operation will be launched to ascertain and check tax evasion and money laundering in the entire process," he said.

Modi = screwed.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Now that Deccan have won against Punjab, here are the team's points

DD - 14, DC - 14, CSK - 12, RR - 12, KKR - 12

Likely Scenarios:

KKR beat Rajasthan - KKR (12), RR (12)
CSK lose to Punjab - CSK (12)

If this happens, CSK is out because MI, RCB, DD and DC have more points than Chennai and qualify (also if CSK lose to Punjab, it opens the door for either KKR or RR to try and upstage DC's run rate/get to 14 points and hope DC loses to DD). If CSK beat Punjab, we move to 14. And since we have a higher run rate than DD, DC, RR and KKR, we qualify for the semis irrespective of what happens to the DD vs DC match or KKR vs RR match or KKR vs MI match.

So, Chennai HAS TO BEAT PUNJAB TO QUALIFY! Simple. Hope it happens

Params7

International Cricketer
You Are Stupid - Lalit Modi Is A God! | IPL Tracker

I agree with him. In 3 months time, people will forget all that's going on now, Modi will get away with everything. Look at his credentials from kidnapping to setting up a 4 billion $ empire like its nothing, you seriously can't expect a handful of lousy politicians to bring him down do you.

Another great article that Modi himself needs to read :
cricket20 :: Twittergate weakens the control of Modi

Modi has always used American sports as a comparison with the IPL so maybe the time is right for Modi to look at the Commissioners who run their respective sports in the States.

With the exception of NHL boss Gary Bettman who is public enemy number one in hockey mad Canada any of the Commissioners from the NHL, NFL or NBA could walk into a shop or restaurant anywhere in America and not generate any sort of buzz.

During the Superbowl in February NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was only in the limelight on a couple of occasions during a game which was watched by over 110 million people in the States.

Compare this to the various shoots of Modi talking to guests in the VIP lounges or close ups of him sending emails on his phone or standing in various team dug outs.

Having a recognisable Commissioner ensures the IPL is in the media spotlight but when the man in charge is as famous as his players and the bollywood stars who own the teams a controversy was never going to be far away.

If he were actually anything like other league commissioners this controversy would just be headlining the lower end of the sports page in newspapers. But I guess he just loves the camera and spotlight too much.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't think he realizes just how ugly he is. He hurts my eyes.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
Nope. All is not well. Modi and the other team owners may say whatever they like, but today, there was a nationwide probe into the IPL bidding process and the source of fundings of the various teams, with the income tax officers visiting the headquarters of teams like Kings XI Punjab. Also, if I go by media reports, a move has already started within the BCCI to remove Modi as the IPL Chairman after the end of this year's IPL.

news.outlookindia.com | Kings XI Punjab Visited in Nationwide IPL I-T Probe

Modi = screwed.

You wont believe anything the Modi and the team owners say and yet you fall into the trap and believe that Modi is screwed and what not based on typical Indian tabloids and all the jargon. :sarcasm

Innocent until proven guilty. Hes not stupid enough to build such a large sporting empire and lose it all by doing such a stupid thing.

Hes the highest income tax paying person in India, higher then any of the A list Bollywood stars and politicians.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Innocent until proven guilty. Hes not stupid enough to build such a large sporting empire and lose it all by doing such a stupid thing.

Hes the highest income tax paying person in India, higher then any of the A list Bollywood stars and politicians.

what a silly comparison politicians dont pay tax :sarcasm, we all remember what happened to stanford.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
I don't like this third place play-off nonsense. The top 3 teams in the league table should make the Champions League. The team with a better run rate over 14 games is more deserving than a team who might just perform well enough on the day of the third place play-off.

Brook

Club Captain
I don't like this third place play-off nonsense. The top 3 teams in the league table should make the Champions League. The team with a better run rate over 14 games is more deserving than a team who might just perform well enough on the day of the third place play-off.

Imagine, if you will, you are in the English Championship, League 1, League 2 or Blue Sq. Premier. You play 46 football matches, over the course of the year, and that is just in the league. Then the top 1/2/3 teams get automatically promoted to the division above. However the next 4 teams then have to play the playoffs, where any one of them could get promoted. Is that fair to the team that finishes one place off automatic promotion? Remembering, of course, that promotion is extremely lucrative to the teams involved.

Users who are viewing this thread