Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
A complete fluke bowling performance by CSK!
Haha, very true. :p

I like this by MS. He is challenging himself, Jadeja and Bravo to get maximum runs later in the game. They know they are assured of the top 2 finisb so this is good.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hate to break it, but I don't believe in sending night watchman. And sending Chahar after Bhaji's wicket is absolutely stupid. It will put more pressure on the remaining Batsman.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Haha, very true. :p

I like this by MS. He is challenging himself, Jadeja and Bravo to get maximum runs later in the game. They know they are assured of the top 2 finisb so this is good.

They are not yet assured. They need to cross 77, to be assured of a Top 2. If a brace of wickets fall here, that is still tight.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Hate to break it, but I don't believe in sending night watchman. And sending Chahar after Bhaji's wicket is absolutely stupid. It will put more pressure on the remaining Batsman.
That is what they want. How the finishers finish when under pressure.[DOUBLEPOST=1526837883][/DOUBLEPOST]
They are not yet assured. They need to cross 77, to be assured of a Top 2. If a brace of wickets fall here, that is still tight.
You are a mountain of negativity surely!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
That is what they want. How the finishers finish when under pressure.[DOUBLEPOST=1526837883][/DOUBLEPOST]
You are a mountain of negativity surely!

I was not negative before this game and backed CSK to do this. But see where they are right now? And the way our batters are being shielded here on this pitch, you really think I should be having that confidence? I am still cautiously optimistic here that CSK can win this.

CSK has never been much about 'sense' this season. But they have somehow been able to find that push to be where they are.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are CSK purposefully trying to lose the match? Doesn't make any sense for Bhajji to come out and not play like a pinch hitter, and Chahar is coming out with 90 off 50 needed. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. No risks are taken either while maintaining a slow run rate.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I was not negative before this game and backed CSK to do this. But see where they are right now? And the way our batters are being shielded here on this pitch, you really think I should be having that confidence? I am still cautiously optimistic here that CSK can win this.
You seriously feel they are being shielded and not held back for them to have a go in the end and test their finishing ability?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Are CSK purposefully trying to lose the match? Doesn't make any sense for Bhajji to come out and not play like a pinch hitter, and Chahar is coming out with 90 off 50 needed. This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. No risks are taken either while maintaining a slow run rate.

They are playing for 78 first.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Nightwatchman in Test cricket isn't a bad idea. If that man can survive longer, then it can shield the other better batsmen in the side to not getting out right away in the evening.

This is a very odd strategy that CSK are implementing here.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
You seriously feel they are being shielded and not held back for them to have a go in the end and test their finishing ability?

You really think with the mountain of experience they have in finishing games, they need to test their finishing ability?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
They are playing for 78 first.
This doesn't make sense. If they try to win the match, I'm sure they will pass 78 easily. This is so ultra conservative. A flurry of wickets won't fall if you're optimistic with your chances.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nightwatchman in Test cricket isn't a bad idea. If that man can survive longer, then it can shield the other better batsmen in the side to not getting out right away in the evening.
I think there is no need to shield a batsman in test cricket too. If a batsman can't survive in tough times that just can mean the batsman is not good enough.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Deepak Chahar!!! Remember the name... Whola...[DOUBLEPOST=1526838706][/DOUBLEPOST]
This doesn't make sense. If they try to win the match, I'm sure they will pass 78 easily. This is so ultra conservative. A flurry of wickets won't fall if you're optimistic with your chances.

For CSK, they back to chase 16+ runs per over in the last 3-4 overs.... They wont even need that much today

Bye bye Preity! Tough luck Ashwin!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread