Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The exact point of me been saying the results are predetermined is barely the same, imagine if KKR had beaten Punjab then the top four were confirmed and no interest would remain to watch the remaining league matches. The IPL is for entertainment thus I feel they want to bring this down to the wire.

I still think this will be table at the end
MI
RPS
KKR
KXIP.
KXIP will not make it. SRH will make it

Being a true RCBian, I agree to the point that results were pre-determined. And I have some theories and analysis of mine as to why I think so. Firstly, the possibility of individual games being fixed is very less. But yes, teams that will qualify for playoffs might've been pre-decided. So it goes like this; the teams that were part of previous editions IPL won't be able to qualify for playoffs in the next edition. RCB was in the finals of 2011 season but didn't make it to the playoffs the following year. Punjab made it to the finals in 2014 and stood last in the table the following year. RCB were the finalists in 2016 season and are now stand last in the points table..
lolwa:lol Then about CSK (2009,2013,2014) ,MI (2011) or RCB (2010) - the year in which they qualify for the playoffs after being finalist in the previous year. You can make another theory like this in case of winners not being qualified for playoffs next year in some cases such as MI winner in 2015 didn't make it to playoffs in 2016 ,KKR winners in 2012 and 2014 but failed to make it in playoffs in subsequent years but having said that MI won in 2013 and qualified in an unbelievable fashion for the playoffs in 2014.CSK won twice 2010 and 2011.

Plenty of such theories can be made and nothing can be proved from it and stuffs like this will continue to pop up even in future. People have been making this theory even in international tournaments like last year's world t20 people were 100% favouring India saying that this is all predetermined as the world t20 is in India they are gonna win it for sure but it was West Indies who eventually won the tournament.

lolwa:lol Then about CSK (2009,2013,2014) ,MI (2011) or RCB (2010) - the year in which they qualify for the playoffs after being finalist in the previous year. You can make another theory like this in case of winners not being qualified for playoffs next year in some cases such as MI winner in 2015 didn't make it to playoffs in 2016 ,KKR winners in 2012 and 2014 but failed to make it in playoffs in subsequent years but having said that MI won in 2013 and qualified in an unbelievable fashion for the playoffs in 2014.CSK won twice 2010 and 2011.

Plenty of such theories can be made and nothing can be proved from it and stuffs like this will continue to pop up even in future. People have been making this theory even in international tournaments like last year's world t20 people were 100% favouring India saying that this is all predetermined as the world t20 is in India they are gonna win it for sure but it was West Indies who eventually won the tournament.
Now let's not start a match fixing fight here. I posted what I felt, you can post what you felt. That wasn't the main topic I pulled from the discussion. And let me tell you 'Everyday is not a Sunday'. So it is not necessary that it would be the same theory all the time. Malinga can pick 5 wickets in a game but not in every consecutive games. Apply that to what I posted and you will get to know what I'm trying to post.

Now let's not start a match fixing fight here. I posted what I felt, you can post what you felt. That wasn't the main topic I pulled from the discussion. And let me tell you 'Everyday is not a Sunday'. So it is not necessary that it would be the same theory all the time. Malinga can pick 5 wickets in a game but not in every consecutive games. Apply that to what I posted and you will get to know what I'm trying to post.
OK then what about DD ? Why they have been lurking at the bottom of the table for years if any sort of theory which is suggesting that a top team in any years should not make it to playoffs in subsequent years then DD must be benefting from such theories:lol:lol. For them 'Everday is Monday' poor dd fans.

OK then what about DD ? Why they have been lurking at the bottom of the table for years if any sort of theory which is suggesting that a top team in any years should not make it to playoffs in subsequent years then DD must be benefting from such theories:lol:lol. For them 'Everday is Monday' poor dd fans.
I can ask the same to you regarding Pune Warriors, Kochi Tucker's. What you've got to say about that? (Fan followings and popularity of the teams)

I can ask the same to you regarding Pune Warriors, Kochi Tucker's. What you've got to say about that? (Fan followings and popularity of the teams)
It was who you made the point regarding theory of a finalist not being able to qualified next years and now you are asking me ? I was saying how baseless these theories can be ,I'm done man good luck.

After all it's MI Bowling lineup and not SRH... :p
After KKR losing that one and our bowlers gave away too many lose deliveries, a question arises - Are the results of the IPL predetermined?

Jokes apart, Everyone can have a bad day... It is utter nonsense to say that the results are predetermined on the basis of just one performance..

After all it's MI Bowling lineup and not SRH... :p

Jokes apart, Everyone can have a bad day... It is utter nonsense to say that the results are predetermined on the basis of just one performance..
Shit batting against SRH, 7nb and 5 wides(3 nbs going for boundaries) against KXIP. Not able to chase 24 off 14 after getting to 207/5. What else can prove this out? They know we're in and if we beat SRH, top 3 would've been done but no and rest is history.

RCB played bad. So they lost. MI played bad. So they lost. KKR played bad. So they lost. Is it that hard to digest ?

Pre determined ? What the hell does that even mean ? Are you telling, that some of the results are pre - determined ? That is nothing but match fixing and it would be foolish to even think that great players like that will do some stupid things like that.

Move ON !

sour-grapes.jpg

Few bookies were arrested yesterday and it was found that they were staying in the same hotel as the Gujarat Lions players and also the bookies have named two Gujarat Lions players (names withheld obviously for now!) who are alleged to be hand in glove with them.

Anyways, onto the Pune-DD match. Great start from DD so far, though they lost 2 quick. Surprising that both teams wanted to bat first today in an IPL where "you always want to chase".

Few bookies were arrested yesterday and it was found that they were staying in the same hotel as the Gujarat Lions players and also the bookies have named two Gujarat Lions players (names withheld obviously for now!) who are alleged to be hand in glove with them
@AliB[DOUBLEPOST=1494601894][/DOUBLEPOST]I think it's clear that betting should be legalised and regulated in the subcontinent.

@AliB[DOUBLEPOST=1494601894][/DOUBLEPOST]I think it's clear that betting should be legalised and regulated in the subcontinent.

You can't legalize "players performing in a way that bookies will earn profits". That is and should always be illegal.

You can't legalize "players performing in a way that bookies will earn profits". That is and should always be illegal.
This way, betting will be done through licensed agencies/shops, and fewer people will go to the bookies, who will earn much less, and won't have the money to corrupt players. How is that not good?

There goes Pant... Nice innings from him but he needs to work on his temprament... He had already got a six and a four in that over... No need of that shot..

Users who are viewing this thread