India's Tour of Sri Lanka

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
KKD :rtfl

Murli fears Dhoni and he was only batsman who played Mendis. You guys surely have a thing for that 5 feet keeper. :noway

playkid12

Club Captain
I hate Harbhajan Singh. I hope he doesn't get a single test. That guy needs to get injured permanently. How come only our good bowlers get injured, whereas the untalented turbinator's always available unless he does something stupid?

But it'll be refreshing to see Zak. He's gotta show why he's India's premier bowler. :happy

Rohit Sharma chosen over Yuvraj Singh? :help

International Coach
rohit sharma doesnt desrve a place in the test team

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Unfotunately for all Bhajji will play. ;)

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
ummm rohit sharma over badrinath??

ojha over mishra??

no yuvraj. good

bhajji??? wth?? apart from that, good team selection.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Parthiv = :eek:. Who needs Badri. He would have carried water only. Even air cannot get in Indian middle order.

International Coach
badri deserves to be in the team,the only reason for sharm's selection could be that he is from mumbai

India2011

Club Cricketer
Even if Badrinath or Yuvraj were chosen, there's no way they would have gotten a game. Unless one of our famed middle order gets injured, I don't see him playing unless Laxman or Gambhir doesn't play.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
What's Sharma going to do then?

Badri > Sharma.

I heard that before the team was selected there was a test run to see who carried out the drinks the fastest. Rohit Sharma won, and hence, was selected.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Never liked Sehwag as a captain/vice-captain/leader role, never will. He just seems so lost sometimes as captain...but, I don't think there's another viable choice.

Rohit Sharma is one of those wierd choices that the Indian selectors always makes. His last domestic season was piss poor, so he's extremely lucky...if he gets the opportunity, hopefully he uses it though, because he's got amazing technique, and is possibly the batsman with the most potential in India atm along with Raina. Badrinath would've been the better choice though.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Rohit Sharma?!?! PARTHIV PATEL?!?!?!?!?!?!

:noway:noway

Rohit Sharma's selection is both baffling and idiotic. He doesn't have even an adequate FC record and has not shined in ODIs either, despite showing obvious talent. My main gripe with his selection is that his weakness in ODIs has been setting his own pace to score and pushing on to make long innings, both of which become important factors in Tests. Parthiv did hit the necessary runs in the Ranji Trophy to get selected, but it is not right to think of him as a wicket keeper as his keeping skills have always been poor. He should be competing against other batsmen, not wicket keepers.

Parthiv deserves it, but not so sure about Rohit Sharma, it's funny how they ignored Badri yet again. But I'm glad now that Jaffer is gone, and the fact that Ojha is in. Badri now has a chance to shine in the emerging players tournament though, as captain.

However, most of all, KKD's big chance, I hope he takes it.

I doubt the BCCI have seen it as giving Badrinath his opportunity as captain, they just don't want to pick him for some reason. He has the record, has performed for India A and is a very good fielder. Indeed it is Dinesh Karthik's big chance, keeping against Kumble, Harbhajan and Ishant as well as recieving many catch opportunities off Zaheer's bowling will be a big test for him. I do not believe that Karthik can stand out as a lower order batsman, but that it will be through sublime keeping that he could look to attempt to oust Dhoni from the Test side - something which is already looking unlikely since Dhoni is merely taking a break offered to him by the BCCI.

I wouldn't mind Parthiv tbh if he just gave up on Wicketkeeping. He would have a better chance of getting into the team, and wouldn't hurt our chances as much. He's just not good with the gloves!

Although his fielding is arguably worse...

Indeed. Agree with the above.

As for Rohit and Ojha, good choice. Parthiv - not so sure. He was given chances for India, and not performed. It might be a bit unfair, considering that he was brought in at the tender age of 17, but I would give him a few more years, he's still only 23 or something. I would have taken Manoj Tiwari, Badrinath, or Kaif in his place.

Manoj Tiwary did not push on after his first season and so should not even be in question for a Test spot. The shunting of Kaif after calling him in as a reserve in the South Africa series is somewhat baffling - the BCCI need to show some sort of consistency. Make no mistake about it though, Parthiv is a far better batsman than when he first played for India.

This'll be my XI for India:

1) Gambhir
2) Sehwag
3) Dravid
4) Sachin
5) Ganguly
6) Laxman
7) KKD
8) Kumble
9) Harbhajan/Ojha
10) Zak
11) Ishant

Looks good, but Harbhajan should certainly be in the number 9 position over Ojha.

I hate Harbhajan Singh. I hope he doesn't get a single test. That guy needs to get injured permanently. How come only our good bowlers get injured, whereas the untalented turbinator's always available unless he does something stupid?]

Talented or untalented, you cannot argue with his performance against South Africa, which was tireless. 19 wickets at 26.10 to top the wicket takers list was a very good performance.

Rohit Sharma chosen over Yuvraj Singh? :help

Both are equally awful selections for Test cricket simply because neither possess good FC records. However, it is wise to 'rest/drop' Yuvraj because his knee is in dire need of rest and hanging around the Test unit will not help him whatsoever.

Sharma over Badrinath has to be the worst selection.

:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread