India's Tour to South Africa

Not a start that we would have liked. KLR has got us over 200, so that's the only silver lining for now. A very important day 2 coming up.

PS: I hate 2 match series.
Exactly, should be a 3 match series at minimum. I am hoping SA20 goes on to make a lot of money for SA that they finally also invest in Test Cricket. Test is the only format I care about and hope it does not die.

I would say stop all T20's and ODI's completely and instead have teams visit each other only for tests.

He’s also been a lot better batting with the tail than Pant.

Ridiculous innings. Take a bow KLR.

Poor bowling from everyone so far other than Siraj. Feels weird to see Elgar score so quickly.

Wasn't the pitch difficult to bat on? SA going at nearly 4 an over :eek:

Waiting for a century from Temba

I am not watching, has the pitch become better for batting or did we bowl poorly? Also I have no clue what they see in Prasidh, he looks so mediocre. Should have persisted with Jaydev Unadkat or Mukesh Kumar.

Wasn't the pitch difficult to bat on? SA going at nearly 4 an over :eek:

Prasidh has been very poor on debut and Thakur’s looked like a debutant too so far with his erratic bowling. Really disappointing display so far.

I am not watching, has the pitch become better for batting or did we bowl poorly? Also I have no clue what they see in Prasidh, he looks so mediocre. Should have persisted with Jaydev Unadkat or Mukesh Kumar.

He took a fifer against South Africa A a few days ago. He’s tall (valuable trait to have on these pitches) and can offer a bit of that famed awkward bounce if he can bowl quick (which he hasn’t done so far). I’m worried that he’s being too straight with the ball whenever I see him bowl. There’s potential in him but today doesn’t seem to be his day. I’m more frustrated with Thakur still bowling like someone who is on his first away tour, Bumrah turned an average first spell into wickets the next time he was brought in to bowl and Thakur should be at least capable of keeping things quiet by now.

Very much final boss territory for India here; A debutant and a retiring batter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread