Information on Cricket 2005

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Pakistan_Cricketer said:
"Intelligent CPU" That is what EA Sports told us last time, and it wasn't in Cricket 2004! :mad
The CPU in Cricket 2004 was intelligent. About as intelligent as a nudist at the South Pole. I really hope the CPU is improved in Cricket 2005. If not, it will probably be as intelligent as an arctic skier in the Sahara Desert. EA Sports must do a better job next time. Also in the player movements. They seem so restricted in Cricket 2004. :p

voldemort

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
You guys have been having a wonderful discussion. But unfortunately someone put all on it in paper. Read todays edition of Planet Times to know what the news paper says.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
EA might just pull off a surprise but it is hard to see that happening bcoz Codies have created such a huge hype around BLIC that for most people BLIC would be a first choice purchase
I personally would like to wait for a few reviews and comparisions and if possible even buy both !!
Iam excited to see such a healthy competition for cricket games for the first time !

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I've decided that I won't really care about the gameplay features if the price is less than what it was last time. The prices have been increasing instead of decreasing over the last few years. I remember CWC99 cost less than a thousand bucks. Screw inflation. Technology products are getting cheaper, so why would we possibly shell out more money for games. Perhaps more cricket games, and higher quality, will lead to price decrease. Higher supply, same demand.

I'm confused as to why everyone is associating Fifa/Rugby technology with better graphics. Did I miss a beat there? Isn't the actual gameplay engine and the graphics two different modules? I would expect the engine to refer to movement of players, crowd, etc.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i dont understand is how will ea cricket 2005 be made in 3 months. if you want the game to simlar to brian lara they should made a winter relase but now they releasing it early and its not going to be good.

blic will be much better they have told what they have been doing step by step and they also shows screenshots every time

whereas cricket 2005 wont have simply have enough time to show people that beacuse it being relesed in 3months

jazz

Panel of Selectors
sohummisra said:
How do you know they only began development now?

because when a game is normally anncouced that when they start developing

but i may be wrong

themuel1

International Coach
sohummisra said:
How do you know they only began development now?

They may have been designing a new game since they released cricket 2004, because they knew it was rubbish.

They may have announced it late because if it had as much hype as cricket 2004 and turned out to be rubbish it would be very embaressing and would potially lose them their market share for cricket games.

Also it may explain why Codies have not been able to get certain licences?

jazz

Panel of Selectors
themuel1 said:
Also it may explain why Codies have not been able to get certain licences?

but then wouldnt codies release to the media they could not get licenses beacuse cricket 2005 is under development?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Exactly. I am sure they have worked on their game for at least 3-4 months already (when was C2004 released again?). This game may be hurried though, just to compete with BLIC. But I don't think they have made the announcement today and began work on it now. 3 months is not enough for a 3D Graphics Supported sports game and EA Sports, having made games for a decade now will definitely know that.

Hero

Club Captain
I think that now time is changing and cricket games and getting their deserved place.This positive competition will result in good quality cricket games.

Ritwik

co-founder
Logically speaking, if they're rushing the game just to compete with BLIC, it is a stupid business decision, assuming that BLIC is released with all the features promised. Because, in that case, EA sports would look weak and unimpressive in contrast to a direct rival, and they definitely would not want that.

fanirama

Club Captain
voldemort said:
You guys have been having a wonderful discussion. But unfortunately someone put all on it in paper. Read todays edition of Planet Times to know what the news paper says.

Thanks for the link. Is this someone's personal website or a reputed site ?
It looks like they've posted some of the planetcricket forum's comments on there. ( Hopefully thats not like a legal issue or such for them )

umosay

Club Captain
Lol Jazz

because when a game is normally anncouced that when they start developing

Funniest thing i've read!

They normally start developing games about 8-10 months before announcing it

Users who are viewing this thread