Injuries/Retired hurt

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have only been playing since version 1.06 but am yet to see an injury or retired hurt. I have seen these in other peoples videos so looks like they are in the game, but can anyone clarify if these are still in the game?

D

Deleted member 193590

I have only been playing since version 1.06 but am yet to see an injury or retired hurt. I have seen these in other peoples videos so looks like they are in the game, but can anyone clarify if these are still in the game?

Haven't had a retired hurt,but I've had 2 bowlers injured didn't make any difference though,they still carried on bowling.I think maybe they stayed on zero stamina but not sure.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i've never seen anyone get injured/retired hurt in any of big ant cricket games. The batter even after being hit after a bouncer seems to be completely fine.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

It's cosmetic based on my experience. I've seen injuries to 2 players and both times I get a pop-up/message about the injury but the injured player continues to bat without any problem. Both times I had an injury, the player was low on stamina so I suspect the injuries are linked to stamina.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Haven't had a retired hurt,but I've had 2 bowlers injured didn't make any difference though,they still carried on bowling.I think maybe they stayed on zero stamina but not sure.
We had a Elbow Injury in one of our Online Matches, but like you said, he just continued bowling as before same speed etc.

So not sure what the Injury Notification serves to achieve ?

PS. It was also related to Very Low Stamina, so we know why he gets the Injury, it just needs to have an effect to the point of not able to bowl, bowl very slow and wayward etc. etc.

D

Deleted member 185125

Players used to get retired hurt prior to the recent few patches. It definitely isn't cosmetic but it isn't working as designed at the moment.

D

Deleted member 193590

We had a Elbow Injury in one of our Online Matches, but like you said, he just continued bowling as before same speed etc.

So not sure what the Injury Notification serves to achieve ?

PS. It was also related to Very Low Stamina, so we know why he gets the Injury, it just needs to have an effect to the point of not able to bowl, bowl very slow and wayward etc. etc.

Yes problem is since the latest patch bowlers seem to run out of stamina way to quickly.So if they implement injuries into the game,they will have to sort out the stamina or no one will be able to bowl.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Thanks, either it has been disabled or is bugged since the most recent patch. Hopefully this can be fixed as it was working in the day one version.

Incidentally, I have noticed that when simming matches the twelfth man will sometimes take catches.

seves2506

School Cricketer
Batsmen got retired hurt

Attachments

• IMG_20210129_193803.jpg
    IMG_20210129_193803.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 28

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
From what I’ve seen, there’s 2 injuries needed to get a player to leave the field.

eg you’ll first get a notice saying eg “adductor tendinitis” but this won’t make a batsman retire or a bowler stop.

after that at some point you’ll get a 2nd notice saying eg “strained adductor” and that’s when you’ll get a retired hurt.

im yet to see the bowler get the 2nd notice that would remove them from the field, but seen it now a couple of times to batsmen

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
From what I’ve seen, there’s 2 injuries needed to get a player to leave the field.

eg you’ll first get a notice saying eg “adductor tendinitis” but this won’t make a batsman retire or a bowler stop.

after that at some point you’ll get a 2nd notice saying eg “strained adductor” and that’s when you’ll get a retired hurt.

im yet to see the bowler get the 2nd notice that would remove them from the field, but seen it now a couple of times to batsmen

I've done it with a bowler (deliberately) took forever though bowling nothing but effort balls with Nathan Lyon

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've done it with a bowler (deliberately) took forever though bowling nothing but effort balls with Nathan Lyon

i tried doing it today with John Emburey and Chris Cowdrey. Both started their spells nearly exhausted, I don’t know why, so I bowled them through their entire allocation on the spin with nearly every ball as effort balls and made sure they were in fielding positions they’d likely have to run... (I was gonna lose anyway so didn’t give a damn). Cowdrey got his first injury notice on the 2nd ball of his last over (they had 7 each), Emburey bowled right through.

For the AI though Gooch went off retired hurt for the 2nd time in the tournament (once when I was batting with him)... he went retired hurt in 49!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
i tried doing it today with John Emburey and Chris Cowdrey. Both started their spells nearly exhausted, I don’t know why, so I bowled them through their entire allocation on the spin with nearly every ball as effort balls and made sure they were in fielding positions they’d likely have to run... (I was gonna lose anyway so didn’t give a damn). Cowdrey got his first injury notice on the 2nd ball of his last over (they had 7 each), Emburey bowled right through.

For the AI though Gooch went off retired hurt for the 2nd time in the tournament (once when I was batting with him)... he went retired hurt in 49!

I might be miss remembering, but I think he was able to carry on in the 1st inns, but couldn't bowl in the 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread