International Players

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm just wondering what are the rules regarding INT player's for this tournament?

I know in the AUS, NZ and Eng (maybe SA) domestic competitions they are only allowed to field one INT player at any one time. While in the IPL they are allowed to field four.

If the limit is four, surly the NZ domestic teams could just play four different INT cricketers throughout the whole domestic T20 Comp. to make them all available for the T20 champions league.

Because really at the moment the Indian superstar teams with excess INT players are just going to win regarding any huge upsets if they are allowed to field more than one INT. Maybe they could make it for this only one INT player allowed per playing XI, or the NZ and AUS teams are significantly disadvantaged as they have only been allowed to play one throughout the season in their doemstic competitions.

Firstly can someone confirm the INT player's rule?
Secondly your thoughts on this issue?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
IIRC the Aussie teams can only have 2 imports in their squad and last season it might have been 1 only. So the only rule that can be applied is what the domestic rules are.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
IIRC the Aussie teams can only have 2 imports in their squad and last season it might have been 1 only. So the only rule that can be applied is what the domestic rules are.

Which is why this tournament is poorly set-up.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol what a joke. :laugh
It should be every team can either have 1, 2 or 4 domestic players, not based on their domestic competitions as most domestic competitions have different rules. :noway

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
And most of us who play ICC games know the overseas players system in English county.
I wonder what the rules in NZ are.

bcvstheworld added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Lol what a joke. :laugh
It should be every team can either have 1, 2 or 4 domestic players, not based on their domestic competitions as most domestic competitions have different rules. :noway

That's what this tournament is- a big joke.
Yet another Lalit Modi screw job!
Its all about the money baby.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
NZ rules are ONE overseas player...
Otago's one is Dimitri Mascareanus.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Another funny thing is that most of the IPL players do not represent their native domestic team.
Ex- Rohit Sharma actually plays for Mumbai in the domestic championship

bcvstheworld added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

This,i guess will look fair and meaningful only after AUS,SA & NZ launch the SPL in 2011

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Another funny thing is that most of the IPL players do not represent their native domestic team.
Ex- Rohit Sharma actually plays for Mumbai in the domestic championship

bcvstheworld added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

This,i guess will look fair and meaningful only after AUS,SA & NZ launch the SPL in 2011

They're not doing the SPL.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

And most of us who play ICC games know the overseas players system in English county.
I wonder what the rules in NZ are.

bcvstheworld added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

That's what this tournament is- a big joke.
Yet another Lalit Modi screw job!
Its all about the money baby.

More like showcasing the talent of the IPL teams, he's pretty much just trying to showoff his tournament (the teams).

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
From what I can see all teams apart from the IPL is currently one overseas player. We are moving to 2 next season. So logically you should only be allowed 1 overseas player but that will make the IPL teams worse which Modi most definitely won't allow.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
This was formed by the Indian,Australian and South African cricket boards.Right?
So,how could the other boards overlook this basic issue and fall in to the trap set by Modi?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
This was formed by the Indian,Australian and South African cricket boards.Right?
So,how could the other boards overlook this basic issue and fall in to the trap set by Modi?

Easily, the money that was being offered.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The SA and Aus boards wouldn't have had much say, if they disagree with Modi then he pulls out the IPL sides and this tournament is down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread