iPhone 3G

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I have a brick which has a camera, and web access. All I need. I don't need to waste money, on over-priced contracts which give you barely anything for your money ;) 500 texts. HA, that is ridiculously low.

It is just a way to show off, imo ;)

Yepp :D I'd happily admit that one of the reasons I got one is because they look good and they're ridiculously cool. I've no problem admitting that.

Also, 4000 texts a month, sorry, but that's totally ridiculous. That's well over 100 a day, which frankly is ridiculous. 500 texts a month is comfortably enough for me personally, my last contract only had 300 a month, and I only used to go over by a little bit each month. You must be these people who are constantly texting, always either looking at their phone, or texting on it. 4000 a month, surely that's an exaggeration. Must cost you a bomb.

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apple are only good at making things when they're the underdogs, my cousin is a phone salesman and he reckons there's a lot of flaws in the iPhone, and that there are better alternatives.

If the Iphone had to be rated in India.It will get a measly 50%.:noway

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I have a Samsung Omnia. Looks similar to the iphone has the same features really but the addition of GPS, Microsoft Office on it, great battery life, MMS, extra front camera, bluetooth etc.

Paid just over ?200 for it on ebay, paid ?15 to unlock it and just pay ?15 per month for 200 mins and 600 texts on Vodafone.

I have the same phone and have to admit that its brilliant. Windows Mobile is so easy to use and smooth unlike in other phones.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Is it avaliable on any other networks than o2?

Nope. O2 aquired the exclusive rights to the iPhone. Also means that there is no chance for haggling when ringing them direct to get the phone. Dad tried, but as I told him he got nowhere. They own the 100% market share for iPhones, so can basically charge what they like. I'd say ?169 + ?35 a month is very reasonable.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I would consider getting one if my iPod Touch was broke in any way since I don't use my moblie, the phone would come in handy and the features look promising. What's the battery like since my iPod Touch battery only lasts about 4 hours.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Charged mine for the first time last night, finished charging about 8 and still has just under half battery. Used it till about 11ish last night, and have been using all morning (playing music and texting). The battery is very good actually.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Also, 4000 texts a month, sorry, but that's totally ridiculous. That's well over 100 a day, which frankly is ridiculous. 500 texts a month is comfortably enough for me personally, my last contract only had 300 a month, and I only used to go over by a little bit each month. You must be these people who are constantly texting, always either looking at their phone, or texting on it. 4000 a month, surely that's an exaggeration. Must cost you a bomb.

I'm not exaggerating, i'm being 100% truthful when I say i use pretty much every allowence of it.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Yepp :D I'd happily admit that one of the reasons I got one is because they look good and they're ridiculously cool. I've no problem admitting that.

I went through a spell of not beingthat arsed about them for a while and sending a few texts but now I send loads. I have sent like 500 texts in a day before, the first time I got a phone I would regularly send a couple of hundred in a day. If me and a mate were watching a film we would send each other crap like "lol quality bit" then "yep" backwards and forwards :D

Iphones are alright, I have 2 mates who have them. Wouldn't choose to spend my money on it although I do like watching family guy on them.

Highlander999

ICC President
You're one of those people who text from the same room aren't you?

Only if I am in a lecture/tutorial and that person is more then 3 people away from me. Otherwise, why I would waste my money? ;)

Highlander999 added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Oh well, I'm only jealous :p (Actually I couldn't afford the ?35 a month ;))

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Congrats on your latest purchase, but I'm not looking forward to getting an iphone myself.

I'm looking to get HTC Touch Diamond. Windows mobile 6, GPS, and loads of features. It is a 'touch' expensive at around 350 pounds, but I really want to buy that phone.

PS : Be careful with the centre key. 2 of my friends have spoilt theirs :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm happy with the latest Sony Ericsson tbh. The iPhone is generally just for show offs or people with small penises. It is a good phone though, it's just a bit too fancy for me and i'd only end up breaking it because i'm clumsy fella.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ok,

I know i've posted in this thread, but I've got the cash to buy an iPhone. Should I?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
No, spend it on beer and hookers instead!

Users who are viewing this thread