IPL - Transfer/Trade/Auction Thread

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Listen rohit, i know what i am doing and my club too. Mashrafe has got quite talent. Just wait and watch .

Well Agarkar is always better than Mortaza...I dont ever think Mortaza will make it to the starting XI. He has just been bought to increase their fan base in Bangladesh and thats what even John said. If KKR needed a good bowler you could have gone with Tyron henderson, Thilan Thushara, Stuart Clark(unsold), Nuwan Kulasekara(unsold), Daren Powell(unsold), etc.

And WC you earlier said KKR targetting Blizzard what happened to him?? He remained unsold..

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
He has just been bought to increase their fan base in Bangladesh

that true, but if your saying that he isnt good, but he was mainly bought to buy the fans, then your wrong. if it was just for the fans they wouldnt have kept on biding for 30 min. it all adds up, its not only to buy fans, but he is a pretty good bowler

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
that true, but if your saying that he isnt good, but he was mainly bought to buy the fans, then your wrong. if it was just for the fans they wouldnt have kept on biding for 30 min. it all adds up, its not only to buy fans, but he is a pretty good bowler

Well he has great talent but as WC is telling they needed a bowler, then Mortaza is no way better than Clark of Powell or Henderson.

SRK said in an interview to Faran Akthar in a show that he is doing all the advertisement and kits and all to increase the fan base around the world and then comes cricket. For me this is a cricket tournament and then entertainment and business.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
For me this is a cricket tournament and then entertainment and business.
looks like SRK doesnt really care if you think cricket should come 1st over entertainment

T20 has been here for quite a long time, and people should realize it by now that its mainly for entertainment

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
As IPL Commissioner said IPL is full about cricket first and then entertainment. I agree T20 is full abt entertainment but we try and entertain the people by the cricket rather than some stupid things like the cheerleaders and increasing fanbase or making advertisement or giving Nokia phone or laptops even after losing a match..

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Don't talk rubbish. Lee is out of IPL and thats why they were targetting Masrafe to repalce him.[/QUOTE]

Why is Lee out of the IPL?

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
errrr.....why is Lee out of IPL. Last time when I heard about his recovery I read that he was gonna use IPL as a preparation period in lead upto The Ashes.

King Cricket

International Coach
^^ exactly what i was gona write. SRK bought lot of Bangladeshi fans with this, and its more important to him then 600,000. he himself admired that.

and some of you need to stop feeling so jealous or w/e that is your feeling just because he got so much money. he is a very good bowler, he ranks 8th atm, and he was the leading wicket taker of 06-07. good luck to him, hopefully he performs for KKR, and shuts all of your sissy mouths

Better than Clark, Jerome Taylor, Kyle Mills etc etc Didn't know this :rolleyes:

Masrafe has played only 9 T-20 games so so far, has taken just 7 wickets with an economy of more than 9. Not really impressive. And just look at his bowling average- 51.5! heew! And as a batsman he averages just 15 in T-20's with a strike rate of just more than 100.
KKR has done a big mistake in buying him. Spending nearly Rs 3 crores on him is quite meaningless. He is just an average bowler who can bat. Don't know what he will do when he would face the bouncers of Tait or Zaheer. He is a completely crap investment. And KKR officials are saying that he's good in sub-continental wickets- but his stats say a completely different thing. He has played just two T-20's in the sub-continent so far. I think this is why we failed last year. We bought loads of crap foreigners who were yet to perform in the big stage with our zillions. This year we have repeated this same mistake once again.

Last edited:

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Better than Clark, Jerome Taylor, Kyle Mills etc etc Didn't know this :rolleyes:

Masrafe has played only 9 T-20 games so so far, has taken just 7 wickets with an economy of more than 9. Not really impressive. And just look at his bowling average- 51.5! heew! And as a batsman he averages just 15 in T-20's with a strike rate of just more than 100.
KKR has done a big mistake in buying him. Spending nearly Rs 3 crores on him is quite meaningless. He is just an average bowler who can bat. Don't know what he will do when he would face the bouncers of Tait or Zaheer. He is a completely crap investment. And KKR officials are saying that he's good in sub-continental wickets- but his stats say a completely different thing. He has played just two T-20's in the sub-continent so far. I think this is why we failed last year. We bought loads of crap foreigners who were yet to perform in the big stage with our zillions. This year we have repeated this same mistake once again.

When SRK is in charge of the team what do you think will happen? ;) He always thinks of entertainment instead of cricket. In an interview he said KKR's are best in promoting, have the best kits, merchandises , advertisement, theme song but he forgot the main thing that IPL is only cricket. He should the rest in his films which are usually without any story..

shantanu_rooney added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

and you completely believed it ...

yeah come and see a cricket a Mumbai Indians match in Mumbai. You will see its only cricket. No BRC or KKR type cheerleaders just cricket entertainment. Even a 40,000 odd capacity producing one of the best atmospheres in cricket and thats why the finals was shifted to DY Patil.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors

dont remember writing that... as you highlighted my post "pretty good bowler" and on which part of that compares Mash with any other bowler?

and none of those bowlers are Bengali, its not gona help KKR gain any Bangla fans...

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
dont remember writing that... as you highlighted my post "pretty good bowler" and on which part of that compares Mash with any other bowler?

and none of those bowlers are Bengali, its not gona help KKR gain any Bangla fans...

Ganguly is enough to gain Bengali fans..;)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Mortaza is excellent. In Tests. And to some degree in ODIs when the wickets suit him.

But he seem a hopeless T20 player. He takes a few overs to get settled in, he won't have enough time in T20. He also bowls a lot of length deliveries and tries for swing. He'll get pasted.

As for batting, he's a slogger. And not a high-quality one at that. I feel his batting has really declined over the last 2 years or so. Once he got play good cameos at the end of an ODI innings. Now...he's a tailender.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
The Hindu News Update Service

another reason to take Mash... its not only to buy fans. if they wanted that, they could have gone for Tamim and save a crap load of money and still buy fans. but yes they didnt want to spend that much $$ on Mash, but Pretty Zinta made them...

Ganguly is enough to gain Bengali fans..;)

not after what he said when SRK bought Mash... :mad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread