• Ireland

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

rockyrakster

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ireland have once agin proved as the Best associate nation by whitewashing Kenya in a 3 match ODI series.They for me llok a much better side than Bangladesh.Bangladesh are struggling against a makeshift WI team.Infact they got full member status from ICC without doing much.The Irish are more deserving of it than Bangladesh.What do you think???:cool:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Afcaus not:p bangladesh is better then ireland some times it seems they both are same but this line is wrong
Bangladesh are struggling against a makeshift WI team.
they are giving tight calls to westindies infact hundred from tamim iqbal has proved all i have to say its very tight call to say how is better ireland or bangladesh after ireland beating england.

Last edited:

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Ireland have more common sense, I can tell you that. Some of Bangladesh's shot selection at times is bizarre. I often think they're brainless.

I voted Ireland.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
If Ireland somehow take over Bangladesh in the ODI rankings, then it will seriously raise questions as to whether Bangladesh should be removed from the test rankings or Ireland should be added as the 11th test nation (and 10th current nation to play the game).

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
they win ONE t20 match, and they deserves test status more then Bangladesh? this crap been going on since they beat bangladesh in T20..

i thought t20 and test was two diffferent thing...

Insomniac

Title Recipient
they win ONE t20 match, and they deserves test status more then Bangladesh? this crap been going on since they beat bangladesh in T20..

They also beat Bangladesh in the 2007 WC (and Pakistan).

And here's the thing - they haven't looked half bad in the ODIs they have played.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors

Well Bangladesh haven't really done anything of late to deserve Test Status have they?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
And here's the thing - they haven't looked half bad in the ODIs they have played.

who they have played? scottland, zim, kenya?? no duh they havnt looked bad, b/c irish are better team then zim, and others

Mercules

Club Cricketer
Ireland have done all you can ask of them really. Won every associate competition going and held their own in the World Cups. They deserve greater exposure to stronger levels of cricket.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
But MacLovin, Ireland have done very well in the situations presented to them. It's only a matter of time before either Bangladesh go out, or Ireland have to be brought in.

Alongside Ireland, Canada is another vastly improved team. The problem is lack of opportunities for these teams - the only real chance are World Cups. Something should be done about that, even if it is a 2 tier system (so Australia and South Africa do not end up playing Canada and Ireland)

zMario added 5 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Just to add - Ireland would easily be a lot better if England wern't allowed to take its players.

Something needs to be done to address that.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just to add - Ireland would easily be a lot better if England wern't allowed to take its players.

Something needs to be done to address that.
I have said before, though, this is not a cricket ruling, it's a general employment ruling. If you have a British passport you can work anywhere in the country. So an Irish cricketer would be able to play for England through his British passport.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I have said before, though, this is not a cricket ruling, it's a general employment ruling. If you have a British passport you can work anywhere in the country. So an Irish cricketer would be able to play for England through his British passport.

But it's not fair! Even if the player wants to, he shouldn't be allowed to. Ireland will never become a good team if it keeps on happening.

Insomniac

Title Recipient

But it's not fair! Even if the player wants to, he shouldn't be allowed to. Ireland will never become a good team if it keeps on happening.

I understand those laws, but this is sport, honestly.

Common sense would say Irish players are not allowed to play for England unless they become citizens in England.

Actually can this ruling not come into place like it has for Saqlain Mushtaq (though it hasn't mattered) - if you've played for Ireland, you must wait for 4 years after your last appearance for Ireland to play for England?

That would put a major stop on the problem - if you're desperate enough to play for England, and are willing to wait for four years, then ok.

Users who are viewing this thread