Is that all that can be modded?

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bats and uniforms?

Disappointing. I thought in this day and age (and skill of modders) we'd get more out of the modding community to change stuff like sponsors, lineups on the fly, etc ie. stuff DB can't/won't change themselves.

Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Alberts

International Coach
We're waiting on changes for the fabled patch 3 to see if there are more resources to work with. At this time, there is too much overlap, which means that there just isn't enough for full modding at this point. Hopefully that changes in the future.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
No worries. This game has soooooooooo much potential - I'm hoping we get a massive influx of new mods.

is there a rough timeline as to patch 3?

Alberts

International Coach
No worries. This game has soooooooooo much potential - I'm hoping we get a massive influx of new mods.

is there a rough timeline as to patch 3?

When it's done. No official word on a timeline at this time from what I can tell.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I think there's an underlying issue with modding that we haven't really discussed, and that's that the PC version has been pirated to death. If I were BA, I wouldn't want to open up the game for modding very much more at this stage because a comprehensively modded DBC might effectively be a competitor against their own future iterations, and especially if those iterations are console only.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think there's an underlying issue with modding that we haven't really discussed, and that's that the PC version has been pirated to death. If I were BA, I wouldn't want to open up the game for modding very much more at this stage because a comprehensively modded DBC might effectively be a competitor against their own future iterations, and especially if those iterations are console only.
On the flip side, any modding support they add now can't be used on versions before they added the online check which has seemingly been successful in keeping pirates on old versions.

As far as competing with future versions - if Big Ant can't make enough improvements to a new version that outweigh what some end user modifications might do - then people shouldn't get a new version. But, I'd be fairly confident Big Ant would be able to add more than enough to justify a new version.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
On the flip side, any modding support they add now can't be used on versions before they added the online check which has seemingly been successful in keeping pirates on old versions.

Yup, that's definitely a promising counterpoint.

As far as competing with future versions - if Big Ant can't make enough improvements to a new version that outweigh what some end user modifications might do - then people shouldn't get a new version. But, I'd be fairly confident Big Ant would be able to add more than enough to justify a new version.

Maybe I've not phrased that very well. I'm not suggesting the new DBC wouldn't be a substantial improvement over a heavily modded old DBC, just that the amount of piracy sales leeching might scale up with the variety and strength of modding options.

Re : your first point though, if the online check really can keep the pirates out of the newer versions then there's an argument that an influx of quality mods might actually help break into that demographic of players who obviously like the game but haven't been tempted enough by the latest build to buy a copy.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Unfortunately pirating (esp of PC games) is inevitable, however that shouldn't detract from improving the game. I only play offline against AI and I'd definitely like to see:

- new stadiums
- new kits/bats/etc
- changeable team or changes in batting order on the fly, etc

Maybe BA can implement what 2K does with the NBA franchise ie. having all the data saved on the server. Its a pain in the butt when servers are down (and saving) but hopefully its a better deterrent against pirates. Still though, it would be good if full modding was allowed as long as your version was 'checked' at startup and say during the game at certain points eg. saving, updating, etc.

Cheaptrick

Club Cricketer
I hope they find a way so that Mods and Modder's can contribute and stop the pirates using any of them

Yet another fantastic game that could get crippled through piracy on PC

I would like a system where the game first checks online that your copy is ok before it lets you download any Mods be it stadiums, kits, balls etc.
And the mods automatically are added to relevant folders for play, maybe have a server where Modder's put the mods first and its checked by Big Ant that clears it (no errors etc.)then added to relevant place for download straight to legit copies only

I would like more Vocals from commentators or different commentators even if they are saying the same stuff
More Stadiums please as well
And different Advertisement Boards around the grounds

Last edited:

The_Pharoah

International Coach
If they COULD mod DB14 on PC, I would love to see the ability to change teams (even if just your team) before each game in career mode even if done manually.

Club Captain
Extra or moddable stadiums would be perfect for me, playing at small ovals instead of big stadiums, adding all of the stadiums from around the world, Eg for the cricket world cup at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread