Is this game really as bad as I am reading ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've said it so many times but @Madman is on point when summarising this game. He sums up the way most of us 'noise' but has a better way with words lol

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
If you're really keen to play a cricket game and can get over a fairly sizeable list of annoyances/bugs then you can definitely have fun with it, as people here will attest to.

The seemingly random nature of batting input -> shot selection makes batting far too frustrating to be enjoyed.

Hopefully this changes after the next patch, but I cannot recommend it in its current state though, and haven't played it for a while.

There are just too many very high quality video games out there that it's hard to spend time on something that draws as much frustration as enjoyment.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
You're providing a band aid. "It's getting fixed in an update a month away" how do you know it gets fixed? You can't be sure. I can be sure that when he or anyone else buys the game right now that problem will exist and that's all that matters right now. So how does your post become constructive? You're having a go at me in one post for not making an informed purchase as a consumer because I took a leap of faith now you're telling other people to have a leap of faith and criticising me for attempting to help other people make an informed purchase.

Did I say the game was bad? Did I say don't buy it? Did I bad mouth anyone? Nope. I pointed out one of the most glaring faults of the game affecting a simple fundamental of cricket which is probably going to annoy new players if uniformed.

Buy the game and wait for the patch to hopefully fix it in a few weeks

vs

Wait and see if the patch fixes it or buy it if that problem doesn't bother you

I never said buy the game. I was simply presenting a fact you failed to raise. I make that pretty clear here - Is this game really as bad as I am reading ? | Page 2 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums. Confirmation bias is strong here.

First.Last

School Cricketer
Indeed the fact is warranted. And I'm providing the additional fact that the fault is actively being worked on, allowing the person to make up their own mind with a more complete set of information at their disposable.

Post A: The game is flawed. Make up your mind.

vs.

post B: The game is flawed, but xyz is actively being worked on for a future update. Make up your mind.

I wonder which post is more constructive....

Has it occurred to you that we cant really talk about "xyz" as the devs havent told us in any way shape or form what it is that they are fixing?

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
The games if very playable u can enjoy casual and online games the career needs fixing with the stats anyway the patch is out in late April not too long away

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I never said buy the game. I was simply presenting a fact you failed to raise. I make that pretty clear here - Is this game really as bad as I am reading ? | Page 2 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums. Confirmation bias is strong here.
You are not presenting a fact at all I'm afraid. There is no fact that any issue will be fixed when the patch has been released and there is no fact that the patch will be released until it has been released all you are doing is presenting people with a leap of faith which you have criticised me for taking in purchasing the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not so sure sarcasm is productive either.

More factual than sarcastic.[DOUBLEPOST=1491439654][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are we sure we're reading a post of a Company's CEO? That profile is not hacked right? ............ JESUS! :facepalm

So what would you have me do? You think my posts are the worst here? I take what I'm given and just hit it back over the net.

As said on many previous occasions, if you want a straight corporate line with lots of words that say nothing then you need to look elsewhere.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

So what would you have me do? You think my posts are the worst here? I take what I'm given and just hit it back over the net.

As said on many previous occasions, if you want a straight corporate line with lots of words that say nothing then you need to look elsewhere.
Let's see if I can try to alleviate some unnecessary tension here. I can completely understand that it must be frustrating to work hard on a game and have people come here and simply shoot it down no matter what. DBC is a good product overall. You must understand however that the game seemed incomplete to a lot of folks who are pretty loyal to the company. That has led to a feeling of distrust among the contingent. I think if Big Ant was more communicative with the customers/fans there wouldn't be as much of an issue. This is a good way to discuss issues with the fans, and to your credit not many companies do it. But I think if a positive tone was to be taken there would be a world of difference in the response as well. The response to the announcement of an ETA for patch 4 is evidence of that. Obviously you'll have some crazy people, but I find simply ignoring them drives them crazy, and eventually they stop talking and reroute their suppressed frustrations and anger somewhere else.

In all, keeping all of us up to date and not being so defensive would go a long way. You guys have made two tremendous cricket games with a platform for great future success. Let's keep focused on that.

Hopefully patch 4 work is progressing nicely. Best of luck in everything.

Last edited:

JauntyM

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Honestly, I play the game a lot and I don't think it's a bad game even though there could have been a lot more features built into the game making it better. Still if you are a cricket fan, this is the best game available at that moment that you can play and enjoy.

ABHIII

Club Captain

More factual thing is that you released very unfinished product. We paid for it. And it is not worth it. Hence not recommended.

If you don't know how to address your customers, either you refund them or you better stay away from the forums.

micgrech

Club Captain
More factual thing is that you released very unfinished product. We paid for it. And it is not worth it. Hence not recommended.

If you don't know how to address your customers, either you refund them or you better stay away from the forums.

I been trying to get a refund but no luck!

Next time wont be purchasing big ants product on release if not at all!

D

Dutch

What you may think of the game is one thing; you cannot determine who should make use of the forums or not. If Ross or anyone else wants to post here they can. You can decide for yourself whether you want to visit the forums.

Me? I like Ross being here and appreciate his efforts over the last five years on these forums.

I certainly do not adhere to your opinion of the game but that is my oponion.

wilbur

Banned
Our games have always held their price, so yeah, great advice, wait for the patch, pay the same as you would now, but don't get to play the game in the meantime.... yeah, makes total sense?!?....

Well it depends on whether the patch is good enough doesnt it ?

D

Dutch

Well it depends on whether the patch is good enough doesnt it ?
But also depends on whether you have faith that BA will deliver and have proven to do so in the past...me myself I enjoy the game even though it has some things that need fixing. BA are very aware of that and are working on it. So you can wait and see or you can buy the game, get up to speed and enjoy that is there already. And there is much to enjoy as well in my opinion. There will always be divided opinion on this as it is very subjective and depends on what you want to get out of a game.

ABHIII

Club Captain
What you may think of the game is one thing; you cannot determine who should make use of the forums or not. If Ross or anyone else wants to post here they can. You can decide for yourself whether you want to visit the forums.

Me? I like Ross being here and appreciate his efforts over the last five years on these forums.

I certainly do not adhere to your opinion of the game but that is my oponion.

You are very special. Big ant studios loves you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread