It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You made the model grow fat :p

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Anxiously waiting for TAOC Alpha 0.2!:spy

Remember, take your time and make it a great game. Don;t rush it and end up with a spoiled game.:thumbs

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The game's working, but I ain't getting the controls.

1. How do we confirm our bowling target?
2. What does Right Shift do? In my case, the batsman just walks down the crease and does nothing else.
3. How to swing or spin the bowl? Or is this feature even available?

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
1. How do we confirm our bowling target?
Press "Space" to start the run up and finalize the marker with arrow keys.
2. What does Right Shift do? In my case, the batsman just walks down the crease and does nothing else.
Batting is being controlled by mouse.

I had advice you to go through the controls.........
Code:
Controls are....

Bowling - All
- hit 'c' to toggle over or around the wicket
- hit 'q' to toggle pace or spin bowling

Bowling - Pace
- hold space to build up the bowler's pace, then let go to start bowling
- as bowler is running in, move the bowling cursor with arrow keys to place where you want the ball to land
- use keypad 7 to do an outswinger, keypad 9 to do inswinger
- use keypad 4 to do a leg cutter and keypad 6 to do an off cutter -  the speed of the rotation at the moment of release is decides the AMOUNT of cut

Bowling - Spin
- hold space to choose the flight of the ball (low on the powerbar is fully flighted, high is flat) then let go to start bowling
- as bowler is running in, move the bowling cursor with arrow keys to place where you want the ball to land
- use keypad 4 to do a leg break, keypad 6 to do an off break -  the speed of the rotation at the moment of release is decides the AMOUNT of cut
- use keypad 8 to do a top spinner and keypad 2 to do a flipper -  the speed of the rotation at the moment of release is decides the AMOUNT of cut 
* try some combos - flighted leg break or flat flipper

Batting
- Batting arrow appears during bowler's runup - be ready for it!
- Mouse movement to control direction of batting arrow indicator - 360 degrees (though only front 180 shots possible in this release)
- Left mouse to do a defensive shot (blocks)
- Right mouse to do a ground stroke (drives)
* Front foot / back foot mode disabled in this release
* Lofted shots disabled in this release

Other
- When bowler is waiting to bowl:
	- push '0' to enable free cam mode - then use mouse left button to zoom in and right to zoom out
	- push '1' to return to default cam then 'r' to reset
	- 'l' will toggle all your strokes on or off (3D spider) but not the trajectories, just start to end point (use in conjunction with free cam to se them all)

***	hit 'r' to always reset play back to normal.
*** ESC key exits the game

Mushfiq

School Cricketer
Awesome Alpha!

But here are some scopes of improvements -

i. The Batsman and the Bowler should be breathing or practising shots instead of getting frozen

ii. The detail level varies from object to object in the same model which is ridiculous.

iii. It somewhy reminds me of Cricket Revolution

The graphics needs vast improvement and I hope LM will do what he said.

A suggestion for the developers -

Can Poser models be used in the game. They are ready-made and realistic!!!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Give them time and they will give you quality is what I think!

Munkeymomo

Panel of Selectors
Enjoying how easy the kits are to make (I have the england and australia test kits on my version now! :D). Which leads me to my next point, obviously with no copyrights, there will be a few unlicensed teams in this, fine.

When we come to mod the hell out of this game, will it be as simple as this, just put a folder containing team info, kits, pads etc into the root directory? and will we be able to add as many teams as we like?
Finally could there be a folder system set-up so we could create our own categories (e.g. International, End Domestic, India Domestic, Aus Domestic etc...?)

btw am I the only one getting along fine with a touchpad mouse and laptop?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I am too fine with touchpad laptop

harrisb

International Coach
Yeah, i used the touchpad on my laptop and it was fine. It depends what you're used to i suppose, i tried it with a USB mouse and i found it quite hard.

Thanks for the controls, my batting has really improved now i know what i'm meant to be pressing every ball.

maneesh

School Cricketer
TAOC ROCKzzz

First of all congratulations to LM and JK for developing such a nice Alpha:wave

Hope you continue the same quality of work through out the game till the final release

Many members of this forum have already posted brief review about TAOC Alpha and reported the bugs that I faced during game play.So I am not posting any reviews about it.

Also I am happy that you are using the best game engine and I hope you can deliver a high end PC game with the game engine that has a huge potential to develop since I had some experience in the same game engine that you are using to develop the game.

I am a follower of TAOC for the last 2 years and was greatly worried when the game was abandoned and was checking the TAOC forums whenever I got time.Now you have delivered an Alpha release that is so exciting to play.Thanks for that.:thumbs In the mean time I had been trying to study the game engine for the last six months since TAOC was abandoned and wanted to develop a cricket game.:facepalm
From that I understood how tough is game development.:noway But I found
many resources for the game engines scripting ,AI and 3D models which can be useful in game development.
I would be happy to share with you if you want:)

Last edited:

singhy44

Club Captain
Enjoying how easy the kits are to make (I have the england and australia test kits on my version now! :D). Which leads me to my next point, obviously with no copyrights, there will be a few unlicensed teams in this, fine.

When we come to mod the hell out of this game, will it be as simple as this, just put a folder containing team info, kits, pads etc into the root directory? and will we be able to add as many teams as we like?
Finally could there be a folder system set-up so we could create our own categories (e.g. International, End Domestic, India Domestic, Aus Domestic etc...?)

btw am I the only one getting along fine with a touchpad mouse and laptop?

This.
That would be absolutely fantastic. We could have IPL, Ranji etc, Big Bash, county season, CLT20...mouth watering :p
I think you'll have enormous community support on this one, you probably won't have to make any kits at all! :D

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Easy guys!! That alpha indeed was great but dont pressurize them let them first include the basics and then obviously once the base is strong a building could be built!!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Ok then, tried and thoroughly tested the game. Found it damn exciting to play and played all round the 180 degree shots.

Here are some of the screenshots.No Bug occurred other then few mentioned in this thread.

I think it's time to move on and work for next release :p

taocalpha01201103230222.png

taocalpha01201103230223.png

taocalpha01201103230223.png

Users who are viewing this thread