Italian Football Thread

sachin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sureshot said:
How on earth have those people involved directly (Moggi for instance) not recieved a lifetime ban?
Why do you reckon?They're soft as Jelly.They seem to think that because someone or something is big it is okay to give them light sentences.They also probably asssume that the banned people won't get involved in another club.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
So let's get this straight. AC Milan's punishment is now an 8 point deduction and that is all seeing as they have also been reinstated into the CL.
What a complete joke!
Surely the idea was to send a message that match fixing/bribery are completely unacceptable and not to give the clubs involved a light slap on the wrists. No doubt at the next appeal Juve will be reinstated to Serie A and given a points bonus for providing so many players to the Italy team for the WC.

sachin

International Coach
barmyarmy said:
So let's get this straight. AC Milan's punishment is now an 8 point deduction and that is all seeing as they have also been reinstated into the CL.
What a complete joke!
Surely the idea was to send a message that match fixing/bribery are completely unacceptable and not to give the clubs involved a light slap on the wrists. No doubt at the next appeal Juve will be reinstated to Serie A and given a points bonus for providing so many players to the Italy team for the WC.
Completely agree with you mate!:mad:An absolute disgrace!Cheating italian *******s!There definitely should have been worse penalties!All of them to Seria C with a thirty point deduction! :mad

Sureshot

Executive member
Why are UEFA allowing them into the Champions league though?

The initial punishments were fair and might have had some chance of dumbing down corruption within Italian football, this won't.

It's been corrupt for 70 years since Mussolini and his friendly refs for the World Cups.

This won't stop it, I'd kick Italy and Italian clubs out of European and Worldwide competitions.

FIFA were worried about Greeces governments intervention, go west and north a bit.

sachin

International Coach
This just confirms my belief that FIFA have no backbone!They'll bend over backwards for powerful Football men in Italy(the scum in world Football)!

sid_19840

International Coach
I think this shows that FIFA or the panel who decided to lessen the ban are probably are probably not very stern with their decisions.When they decided their initial decisions they must have done it after strong investigation.Surely a set of appeals basically just pleading leniant treatment should not have resulted in them in making such huge changes that one team is allowed back in the C.League and two back in Seria A.The reduction of points sounds fine to me.Anyhow Im not watching any Seria A games in the near future as I have lost my interest in them after all this.

Sureshot

Executive member
I thought it was the Italian Sport Federation doing the trials?

I'm sure FIFA aren't in the actual trials.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Sureshot said:
I thought it was the Italian Sport Federation doing the trials?

I'm sure FIFA aren't in the actual trials.

Yeah at the moment its only the Italian Football Federation but FIFA needs to step in and make the point clear. Otherwise these kind of pests will remain in Football and will be excersized by rich clubs consequently. Winning the world cup doesn't mean that you are not guilty. Especially the thing with Milan is simply a joke, reinstated into the CL and only an 8 point deduction.............thats basically a punishment for the sake of a punishment. :rolleyes:

Sureshot

Executive member
FIFA won't do a thing, did they do anything with Mussolini's friendly refs in 34 and 38?

Nope, will they now? Nope.

Italy has a big influence on FIFA, as do France.

Users who are viewing this thread