Italian Football Thread

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Milan did better than most in 2014. He managed to partly clean the mess created by Allegri. He needs to be given some time. They took so long to fire Allegri, but they gave Seedorf half a season and he actually did decent with no prior experience. They were very close to Europa qualification as well. They had a winning streak, 5 I believe which is also very good for a gaffer with no prior experience. He is a Milan legend and he is respected by the players as well. It is foolish to expect every inexperienced manager to perform like Pep.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
he wasn't respected by the players at all, most of them have fallen out with him. I know some of the results were good for a guy with no experience, but this wasn't torino or parma, he could still call on several established international stars, the results and the way they were playing was nothing spectacular.

I feel for him a bit as milan need the backroom staff gutted more than they need a new manager, but he was never the right choice and has done little to convince anyone taking a punt on him was worth it.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, as much as a mess Milan really were under Allegri, Seedorf was still in a more than healthy position to bring atleast Europa League football to Milan next season, which he failed to. So many silly losses.

----------

Pippo atleast has the experience of coaching the Primavera side, so he's a bit of a slight uprade on Seedorf imo.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm kinda positive pippo's stromed in and laid down the law, though it could backfire massively as we have a load of guys who are just in the squad to pick up a pay cheque and this will ruffle players who don't think inzaghi has the credentials to manage them. I give balotelli a year, this sort of management is either the kick up the back side he needs but more likely it will drive him out the club as he picks up a string of internal fines.

I kinda hoped we might get Iturbe, an exciting new signing would be a pleasant change but nah, Juventus have got him.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmm Allegri to Juve looks a bit strange..

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Shocking really. Iturbe has given Juve the middle finger and is on the verge of signing with Roma too apparently! Evra deal seems to be on the hold too.

I'm expecting a mini firesale at Juve now, won't be surprised if Pirlo is first :p My worst fear is Vidal and Pogba joining 2 of my most hated clubs though. That would be unbearable.

----------

Would love for Conte to coach the national team now. No brainer for the FIGC to make him an offer he can't refuse.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
_76879668_452010886.jpg

images

He sure looks like a mobb boss ha, sorta reminds me of legendary chicago crime lord Sam Giancana

Patrick Vieira slams election of Carlo Tavecchio as new FIGC president - ESPN FC

BBC Sport - Carlo Tavecchio elected president of Italian Football Federation

Users who are viewing this thread