JBs DLs: overlay, pitches+ads+screens, bats/balls/stumps, nets etc UPDATED REGULARLY! CHECK 1st POST

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok i just tried what you tried to do... the top logo seems ok, but the left and right ones would not be different... they'd both be lg, or cwb, but not one on either side... what's more, now when i try to put them back to normal, one is upside down, implying that i cant even make them different as in one being pepsi-left and one being pepsi-right

i have no idea what i'm doing and sick of trying to edit this stupid game!

jb the badsign added 5 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

i'm working on something, i don't think my original suggestion will be any good in this case

DON could you please describe exactly the nature of the problem/ what you see on the field? depending on your problem i may have found a solution.

Last edited:

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
ALSO can anybody who has downloaded my ads tell me: do the ads on the ground, on the different sides, face in different directions? e.g. does the LG face logo on the left face toward the left side of the field, and the LG face logo on the right face toward the right side of the field?

or are the left and right logos oriented in the same direction?

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
no, no changes...

so there are no advertisements on the grass... is this after renaming the file/s inside the Logos.cr archive, or have you not done that?

coolz_hari

International Coach
Now I understand.. I was earlier using a wordpad to edit and that probably corrupted the file. I'll edit it using a Hex editor and am sure it is gonna work.

sunsamrat1980 added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I'll check tonight and let you know... but i believe it will work fine with the editor... I guess even you edited using the same ..right?

Thats nice:)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
no, no changes...

so there are no advertisements on the grass... is this after renaming the file/s inside the Logos.cr archive, or have you not done that?

Ooo, no, I haven't touched any of the .cr files. All I have done is downloaded your patch and renamed some of the logos you have to GLogoL, etc. Haven't deleted anything

I don't think I have anything on the sight screens either.

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
by "nothing", do you mean that the grass is entirely blank, or that the grass only has the mindstorm logos?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Nothing, entirely blank.

Sight screens are working, just I haven't seen them much as I usually play in The Pyramid.

Man, also some other problem. I downloaded your fields patch, and now suddenly the grassy field is no longer available. Plus the other day your improved nets just vanished. Wtf is happening.

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
i dunno, maybe something is wrong on your end? i've been able to get the grass ads working, and i haven't even heard of the other problems. nets vanishing... can't even select grass from the menu? that's weird... i think something is wrong with your game :P

if there are no ads on the field at all, that implies that the game isn't even reading the original textures, which is odd because a) my patch like all patches doesn't mess with the original game files b) apparently you have not moved, nor renamed any of the original archives

has anybody experienced/solved any similar problems?

brb for a minute.

first step in our investigation =D:

1. turn off the new grass advertisements, to see if you can get the original ones... you can do this by renaming the new grass-ad mod files (to glogor_original or whatever), renaming the whole Logos folder (to something like Logos_original), or simply deleting all the new logos folder.

now- do you have the original mindstorm logos on the field?

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Lol.

Yeah, the nets just took a walk somewhere, I had the blue theme, but everything else was gone like the kit bags and CR logo.

Now green pitch is gone, though dry is still there.

I'll reinstall the patches.

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
damn man, it sounds like you messed something up, i wouldn't reinstall the patches, i'd try and see if i could get the default stuff working XD

jb the badsign

Club Cricketer
so, just to be clear, you have
a) none of the grass ads installed
b) not changed any of the default game files
c) no ads appearing on the grass

?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yup, no ads on the pitches, though I have installed your ones. They do not work.

Users who are viewing this thread