just got the game today and it crashes every time i load the game

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not a good start. Now 18min wait for it to install again and download the patch. PS4 PRO

The game will crash as soon as it says ASHES CRICKET the screen goes black then crashes if the internet is on.

Game will load fine if the internet is ticked off on the PS4 console. That is no good as I need to use remote play.

Unplugging the ethernet cable then plugging it in after loading the game = crash.

Boost mode on or off = crash
UPNP off in router settings or on = still crash.

I'm thinking it must be something in the router settings. My PS4 is in DMZ and is port forwarded. ports are open for EA games.

Last edited:

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So I worked out it crashes while the internet is on and when its off I can play.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Have you downloaded all the patches and the software on the PS 4 is upto date? Turn on the PS4 login but don't load bio the game.

Yes I have. 5.05 PS4 PRO. I also tried turning off boost mode.

D

Deleted member 46200

I'm not an expert but guaranteed I or someone will be able to help further with some more info so please be descriptive.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm not an expert but guaranteed I or someone will be able to help further with some more info so please be descriptive.

I don't think they will be along to help TBH. I seen posts on other sites and no one knows how to fix it. It must be poor coding conflicting with some router types.

Updated the OP with everything I know.

D

Deleted member 185125

I'm on PS4 pro with the latest firmware with boost mode on and works fine. No crashes.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its nothing to do with that. Its the router. The people who crash all have same router type BT home hub 5.

I'll be amazed if router is the root cause for the PS blue screen error. Router is an external device to connect to the internet. That's it. It has no bearing on client devices such as PS4, PC, tablets, phones etc. Worst case scenario some of the devices do not play well with the router and not able to connect and get on the network or that the router is not able to keep up with number of devices and crashes. But I don't think router in itself can impact the client devices.

If a specific kind of router can somehow crash PS4, Sony would have had a s**t-storm on its hands by now. And I've had blue screen errors on PS4 (both DBC 17 as well as Ashes Cricket) and I'm using Netgear router but as I said earlier you are reaching when you think a PS crash is due to a router. Router should only result in "Internet" or "No Internet", nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread