Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
21cbfrp.jpg

Preface

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the story which deals with the journey of "Karnataka". This time, to be bit different, I've chosen a Indian state team rather than an IPL team or any international team, so that everyone knows how Indian state sides are built up, as everyone of Planet Cricket knows only one side of Indian domestic side (IPL) and not only that, even I'll have to work a bit cause if its an IPL or International team, I can have many star players, but here, I can have only two- three players, who can be reliable. There will be few imaginary tours to other country states before the actual Indian Domestic Season, which makes everyone here know what actually the team is and how actually player plays. There will be few imaginary things in this story (of course, not imaginary players).

112817.2.jpg

Manish Pandey plays a shot in Ranji Trophy 2009-10 final against Mumbai.

I guess everyone knows some of the big names, which Karnataka holds, but for the sake of people who don't know, I'm giving list of names, who have represented India in past in irrespective of format.

Current players who have represented India (irrespective of format):

1) Rahul Dravid
2) Robin Uthappa
3) Abhimanyu Mithun
4) R Vinay Kumar

Quick Details:

Team: Karnataka
Home Ground(s): M. Chinnaswami Stadium, Bengaluru, Gangotri Glades Stadium, Mysore and Westren Ghats Sports Complex, Gokarna, Mangalore.
Colors: Blue and Red.
Captain: Rahul Dravid, Robin Uthappa (In absence of Rahul Dravid).
Coach(es): Venketesh Prasad and Anil Kumble.
Ranji Trophy (FC) Position in 2009-10: Runner up.
Vijay Hazare Trophy (OD) Position in 2009-10: Semi Finalist.
Syed Mustaq Ali Trophy (T20) Position in 2009-10: Not qualified from Group Stage.

Story Index:
All set for a new cricketing Dinner.
Cricket Australia Orders to prepone the Karnataka's Tour of South Australia.
Karnataka's Tour of South Australia- Schedule Announced.
Karnataka announces the squad.
South Australia Cricket Association Announce the Squad and Tweak the Schedule.
An Interview of Anil Kumble.
Team Karnataka reaches Adelaide, with few shocks.
First OD Preview.

Positive or negative, all kinds of suggestions are always welcome. They can be even VMed or PMed or even mailed.

Credits:
Cricinfo and Cricket Australia website designs: Just_Cricket, thank you:).​

Last edited:

Gorro_124

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good to see a story on Karnataka:) Presentation has also been good. Surely will be following this. BTW one of the best Indian stadium has faced a bomb blast??OMG!!:p
KIU n Good Luck!!

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good to see a story on Karnataka:) Presentation has also been good. Surely will be following this. BTW one of the best Indian stadium has faced a bomb blast??OMG!!:p
KIU n Good Luck!!
That was a created blast by Lalit Modi & Mumbai Indians:spy, to shift the IPL semi finals to DY Patil Stadium:yes.

^^Just like those on your Ava and Siggy??:)

Hmm... in short, Just like Melbourne FC;).

Blue and red, some great team colours. Bound to win everything.

Good luck Binnu. :thumbs

Nice, I'll be following a cricket story for once.

Pandey to own.

Great introduction to story.Best Of Luck.:thumbs
Thank you for your support guys:).
I'll keep the expectations:).

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, its Binnu, who is going to write another cricketing story. This time, to be bit different, I've chosen a Indian state team rather than an IPL team or any international team, so that everyone knows how Indian state sides are built up, as everyone of Planet Cricket knows only one side of Indian domestic side (IPL) and not only that, even I'll have to work a bit cause if its an IPL or International team, I can have many star players, but here, I can have only two- three players, who can be reliable. There will be few imaginary tours to other country states before the actual Indian Domestic Season, which makes everyone here know what actually the team is and how actually player plays. There will be few imaginary things in this story (of course, not imaginary players).

You might get a doubt that I had a India- Pakistan T20 match in pause with India scoring 168 runs in its first innings. For all the people who were following that, I'm sorry to say that I've got no heart in that story, and in that game, Pakistan scored 155 for the loss of 4 wickets. So India won that match. You can imagine that a bomb was exploded at Eden Gardens after that match, which called off the Asian T20 cup.

As good as your story looks and has some good presentation and is written very well. The main problem I have is that I hate stories like the way you have started it. We don't need 'Well it's Binnu' cos we know it's you from looking at the person who started the thread.

The first post should grip the reader as to the idea in a story format, and the things you have written here should be answered in seperate posts, it shouldn't be in the first post. The part where you write 'You might get a doubt that I had a India- Pakistan T20 match in pause' shouldn't even be in this thread, you should have just put it in the other one.

Things should be part of a story line and not all written out in the first post.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
2gy94ba.jpg
1z2llyw.jpg

All set for a New Cricketing Dinner.
July 3, 2010.

Karnataka State Cricket Association had talks with South Australia Cricket Association since couple of days, which resulted in a new tournament, in which Karnataka and South Australia Redbacks are to participate. Brijesh Patil, the CEO of KSCA clearly said that the tournament was being conducted to uplift the player skills on foreign soils.

Brijesh Patil said ,"We've had a successful talk with South Australia Cricket Association, which was mainly done to provide practice to players on foreign soils. What we saw in recent cricket was all newbies failing to perform in foreign surfaces, which can be fixed with this kind of tournaments. Both of the cricket boards have agreed to play 2 FC matches, 3 OD matches and 2 T20 matches at Adelaide and Lilac Hill before the Australian domestic season starts. The dates are yet to be confirmed. After that, before Indian Premier League IV, The Redbacks will be touring India where they'll play 5 T20 matches and 5 OD matches at Bangalore, Mysore and Gokarna."

John Bannon, the President of South Australia Cricket Association said ," We're happy to announce that South Australia Redbacks will have some additional practice for their Domestic season against Karnataka and will be providing some sort of practice to Karnataka- Royal Challengers Bangalore bit of practice before the Indian Premier League IV. Its a good initiative because it'll grow the skills of player on foreign soils, as said by Brijesh. What we see now- a- days is player unable to perform on foreign soil despite of having legendary- record breaking domestic season at home. So, this can be controlled a bit by this kind of initiatives."

So, on whole, the cricket world is going to see a new tournament between two of the domestic sides.

2ppaog7.jpg
2w4mb0i.jpg

Binnu added 5 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

As good as your story looks and has some good presentation and is written very well. The main problem I have is that I hate stories like the way you have started it. We don't need 'Well it's Binnu' cos we know it's you from looking at the person who started the thread.

The first post should grip the reader as to the idea in a story format, and the things you have written here should be answered in seperate posts, it shouldn't be in the first post. The part where you write 'You might get a doubt that I had a India- Pakistan T20 match in pause' shouldn't even be in this thread, you should have just put it in the other one.

Things should be part of a story line and not all written out in the first post.

Thanks for your suggestion, I've changed the first post a bit, following some of your suggestions, have a look at it:).

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
2v9airo.jpg

Cricket Australia orders to pre pone the Karnataka's tour of South Australia.

Cricket+Australia+Centre+Excellence+Receives+7mF3WWDfW-ul.jpg

3rd July, 2010.

Cricket Australia ordered South Australia Cricket Association to prepone the Karnataka's tour to South Australia. Reports say that James Sutherland, the CEO of Cricket Australia called for an urgent meeting where the other domestic cricket boards showed their sign of opposing the Karnataka's tour of South Australia right before their domestic season due to several reasons. So, five out of six opposing the tournament, South Australia Cricket Association was forced prepone the tournament by one and half month.

John Banoon said ,"We've been asked to prepone the tournament by one and half month by Cricket Australia. We had a brief talk with KSCA, and we have no objection from KSCA to conduct it in August. So, we will plan the things right from this moment because we don't have much time left for the arrangements."

Brijesh Patel, the KSCA CEO said ,"We've agreed with South Australia Cricket Association for the tournament to be preponed by one and half month, due to the objection from Cricket Australia. We have decided to work right from now as even we don't have much time left."

b64hma.jpg

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
One of the better starts, Binnu. I completely agree with Ollie. Do remember to credit the people for the works though.

Users who are viewing this thread