Story Kiwi trying to get off the ground (A career Story) (C2005)

In what area of the game do you think M.Flaus will be best at in his 1st season?

• First Class Batting

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • First Class Bowling

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • One Day Batting

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • One Day Bowling

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Michaelf7777777

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ICC Launch new competition

The ICC have launched an under 24 20-20 world cup to start in India on the 3rd of May 2005. Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa and the West Indies will all be at the inaugrial tourament. All the matches will be played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. To be elegible cricketers must be under the age of 24 on the 31st December 2004 apart from one player who can be any age you like but can't have played an ODI after May 3rd 2003. The ICC have decided to have this competition in an attempt to increase the popularity of 20-20 cricket in India.

Squads: (OA stands for Over Aged player)

Australia: C.Ferguson, X.Doherty, D.Dawson, D.Cullen, A.Crosthwaite, G.Bailey, T.Birt, S.Tait, J.Langer (OA), S.Morton, S.Marsh, B.Casson, J.Krejza, R.Cassell, N.Hauritz, C.White, F.Thomas, C.Philipson, E.Cowan, L.Butterworth.

England: L.Plunkett, K.Hogg, J.Tredwell, P.Mustard, T.Murtagh, I.Bell, J.Anderson, M.Panesar, S.Patel, R.Bopara, C.Tremlett, D.Harrison, S.Davies, G.Thorpe (OA), R.Clarke, R.Wessels, N.Warren, R.Ferley, R.Joseph, S.Briggs.

India: Yuvraj Singh, P.Patel, M.Dhoni, L.Balaji, I.Pathan, G.Gambhir, A.Salvi, A.Rayudu, A.Ratra, A.Mishra, S.Santh, R.Singh, Sarendeep Singh (OA), V.Rao, S.Raina, D.Karthik, S.Kakadevaramath, R.Kakade, R.Kakatkar, S.Kakoti.

New Zealand: M.Flaus, S.Stewart, N.Broom, I.Butler, B.McCullum, A.Ellis, J.How, J.Ryder, R.Taylor, B.Diamanti, G.Barnett, M.Bates, H.Bennett, P.Borren, R.Sherlock, S.Mills, S.Murdoch, I.Sandbrook, G.Shaw, G.Sulzberger(OA), T.Davis.

Pakistan: Yasir Arafat, Umar Gul, Taufeeq Umar, Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Kamran Akmal, Junaid Zia, Irfanuddin, Imran Nazir, Imran Farhat, Hasan Raza, Faisal Iqbal, Bazid Khan, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Khalil, Imran Fazil, Riaz Afridi, Humayan Farhat, Qaiser Abbass, Rashid Latif (OA).

South Africa: V.van Jaarsveld, S.Cook, S.Burger, M.Zondeki, L.Mbane, H.Amla, G.de Bruin, E.Nkwe, D.Steyn, C.Pieterson, B.Snijman, B.Bennett, J.Botha, A.de Villiers, J.Duminy, R.Bailey, W.Bell, G.Berg, S.Bezuidhout, G.Kirsten (OA).

West Indies: T.Maraj, T.Best, S.Ganga, S.Benn, R.Kelly, M.Clarke, M.Black (OA), J.Lawson, F.Edwards, D.Smith, D.Pagon, D.Bravo, D.Bernard, C.Baugh, A.Richardson, A.Kanhai, A.Jaggernaath, X.Marshall, R.Ramdass, D.Ramdin.

Fixtures:

May 3rd

Australia v South Africa
England v West Indies
Pakistan v New Zealand

May 4th

India v Australia
West Indies v New Zealand
England v Pakistan

May 5th

Australia v England
South Africa v India

May 6th

West Indies v Australia
India v New Zealand
South Africa v Pakistan

May 7th

Australia v Pakistan
India v West Indies
South Africa v England

May 8th

New Zealand v Australia
England v India
West Indies v South Africa

May 9th

Pakistan v India
New Zealand v South Africa

May 10th

Pakistan v West Indies
New Zealand v England

May 11th

1st v 4th (1st Semi final)
2nd v 3rd (2nd Semi Final)

May 12th

Loser SF1 v Loser SF2 (3rd Place Playoff)
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 (Final)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Imran Farhat all the way. will be nice to see Michael bowl to Imran. come-on Pakistan !! best of luck Michael !!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A few suggestions, assuming you are playing on PC.
- 4GB bat pack: much better than the default bats
- Set generic face option on player editor: lets you overcome the display bug for your created player
- various gfx mods: stumps, pitch ads etc

Michaelf7777777

Club Cricketer
usy57_pak said:
Imran Farhat all the way. will be nice to see Michael bowl to Imran. come-on Pakistan !! best of luck Michael !!

Thanks for the iterest. Pakastain look like being one of the strongest sides in the tourament on paper but can they overcome the Indian crowds.

The tourament will start in a couple of days after I have created the new players.

Michael

Michaelf7777777

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
A few suggestions, assuming you are playing on PC.
- 4GB bat pack: much better than the default bats
- Set generic face option on player editor: lets you overcome the display bug for your created player
- various gfx mods: stumps, pitch ads etc

If the face pack is 4 Gigabytes then it will take a longtime to download on a dialup.

When do you see cricketers totally change there face in the space of a week :D

About the gfx: I am about to get some of those.

Thanks for the sugguestions.

Michael

Michaelf7777777

Club Cricketer
England, Australia and New Zealand reveal captains for new under 24 20-20 world cup

England, Australia and New Zealand have announced there squads for this inaugral tourament.

The Captains are:

Australia: C.White
England: J.Anderson
New Zealand: B.McCullum

note: From a personal point of view. I downloaded the Channel 9 patch and extracted it but it didn't work when I started a match so it will be EA Sports televising the matches. Also is there a lineup editer available as currently Australia is leaving out Langer and England is leaving out Thorpe when I look at the lineups the computer will pick.

langerrox

International Coach
Michaelf7777777 said:
If the face pack is 4 Gigabytes then it will take a longtime to download on a dialup.

When do you see cricketers totally change there face in the space of a week :D

About the gfx: I am about to get some of those.

Thanks for the sugguestions.

Michael
hehe 4GB isnt 4 gigabytes its the resolution of the bats compared to EAs defaults they are 1024x512 i think, and EAs 128x64 (dont quote me its been a long time) but the quality of the 4GB is perfect, made by Burmas finest, check the download centre for all downloads!

Michaelf7777777

Club Cricketer
langerrox said:
hehe 4GB isnt 4 gigabytes its the resolution of the bats compared to EAs defaults they are 1024x512 i think, and EAs 128x64 (dont quote me its been a long time) but the quality of the 4GB is perfect, made by Burmas finest, check the download centre for all downloads!

Thanks for the help

Michael

MWaugh

International Coach
i think a 20/20 tournament would suit your story a little bit more. rather than see you score 50 from 17 in a first class match. might be a little bit more realistic

Michaelf7777777

Club Cricketer
MWaugh said:
i think a 20/20 tournament would suit your story a little bit more. rather than see you score 50 from 17 in a first class match. might be a little bit more realistic

That's true

Please keep reading

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread