Club Captain
And she is Jyothika
actgal892.jpg

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seeing the picture i catch the other factor why you hate them ;)

Bollywood > Tolly/Kolly

I can argue on this, lay your point :p

I have laid it. Its your turn to bring it on.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

^^ She is just :doh

That picture doesnt tell anything about her acting talent, does it? All it does is show that she is fatter than your 'size zero' figures in Bollywood. She came within a whisker of winning the National award this year (one that was announced a few days ago) for her performance.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Nah, we don't argue about universal things. People don't disapprove laws, rather they use them for understanding further concepts.

Similarly, Bollywood > Kollywood/Tollywood etc. is a law.

If you cant argue, why bother posting? Repeating the same thing again and again doesnt make it a fact. That bolded line is one of the funniest comments I've heard. What law? The law that you created in a bathroom or a playground?

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That picture doesnt tell anything about her acting talent, does it? All it does is show that she is fatter than your 'size zero' figures in Bollywood. She came within a whisker of winning the National award this year (one that was announced a few days ago) for her performance.

Saw one of her dubbed movie Chandramukhi.

Looks is what matters in the glamour industry, Katrina Kaif, Genelia have problem with hindi and also they have less piece of acting in them still they are successful (and also most googled actresses ;))

Masood

Club Captain
Thanks mate for your Explanation about joe:hpraise...she is one my fav actress:D ..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Saw one of her dubbed movie Chandramukhi.

Looks is what matters in the glamour industry, Katrina Kaif, Genelia have problem with hindi and also they have less piece of acting in them still they are successful (and also most googled actresses ;))

Thats what our problem is. You guys just dont see what the actress is made up of. You only see her physical features. Its not a glamour industry. Thats what modelling is for. In cinema, the ultimate stuff is the acting (thats what the industry was originally started out for). People have changed the meaning of it irrevocably and now equate success with 'who is googled the most', 'who has the most attractive figure' etc. An actress who can act better is always better in everyway than a girl who is the most beautiful woman in the world/universe/planet

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Thanks mate for your Explanation about joe:hpraise...she is one my fav actress:D ..

She is my all time favorite actress.... :D We both are in the same boat!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I still think Bollywood > Hollywood in terms of actresses. But then again I'm judging that on looks, can't really comment on acting as I've never seen a South Indian movie.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I still tihnk Bollywood > Hollywood in terms of actresses. But then again I'm judging that on looks, can't really comment on acting as I've never seen a South Indian movie.

Even on acting, Bollywood > Kollywood in terms of actresses. Nandita Das, Shabana Azmi, Madhuri, Kajol, Aishwarya Rai and Rani are enough to beat the Kollywood actresses in terms of acting anyday.

Masood

Club Captain
Even on acting, Bollywood > Kollywood in terms of actresses. Nandita Das, Shabana Azmi, Madhuri, Kajol, Aishwarya Rai and Rani are enough to beat the Kollywood actresses in terms of acting anyday.
yep you are right mate .....:)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
yep you are right mate .....:)

Yeah, but one advantage that Bollywood had is that it incorporated meaningful cinema into its mainstream quite long ago, but Tamil cinema is still stuck with masala potboilers in its mainstream till now (the good films are coming out in parellel but still masala films rule the roost when it comes to the box office). Thats why heroines in Bollywood have had their chance to showcase their acting skills at an early stage. In Tamil even though Simran and Jothika were very good actresses, they had to do a lot of commercial films to remain in the market as long as they could.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'll just say this for the b/kollywood debate, as i'm an avid follower of both -

Most Tamil films suck. Really bad. But when they're good, they are really, really, really, really good. They have deep meaning and are also packed with entertainment.

In comparison to a Bollywood movie, most are mediocre, to okay, to good. It's rare to find a simply awesome Bollywood movie, but most 'good' movies in Tamil Cinema are simply fantastic.

The music is the same way, it has it's own flavor. Dabhakuttu FTW

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
i've been following both since i could remember and all i can say is

Best of Kollywood >> Best Of Bollywood

Worst of Bollywood >>>> Worst of Kollywood

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
i've been following both since i could remember and all i can say is

Best of Kollywood >> Best Of Bollywood

Worst of Bollywood >>>> Worst of Kollywood

I agree with this formula... Its true!

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Bollywood is better than Kollywood simply because it has a large no. of viewers. Kollywood may have better stories/actors etc. But, it doens't make it better than Bollywood anyday.

If acting/scripts is the sole basis for judgement, I can say most of the Drama clubs > Bollywood/Kolly/Lolly etc. Which, obviously isn't right.

Users who are viewing this thread