Your Cricket KP's Season Diary

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Sunday game was rained off. Pretty frustrating. Should have had 2 B Team games now, but the first was called off cause the other side couldn't get 11 players, and then we get the rain. Hopefully next week's game will go ahead.

P

pcfan123

There was a long drought in Central Africa. The witch doctor had tried all his rainmaking dances, imprecations, but to no avail.

One of the elders observed that rain was never a problem in England, so why not send the witch doctor to London to learn the secret.

Off he went to England, learned the secret, and returned to the tribe.

He informed the leaders that these crazy white men had a big paddock of grass enclosed by a white picket fence.

In the middle were two lots of sticks driven into the ground. Two men, each with a club, stood next to these sticks and waited for a lot of other men to spread themselves all over the paddock. Then two more men, wearing black trousers, four sweaters and six hats, came out to keep a close watch on the men with the clubs. Then one man got a red rock and threw it at one of the fellers with a club. AND DOWN CAME THE RAIN!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
First game in a good 3 weeks today, and although we lost, it was an OK game for me. Didn't start too well, got a 2nd baller. Hit a long hop out of the middle of the bat, but it went straight to square leg, and unlike the rest of his team, he managed to actually catch the thing. So that was pretty annoying. We ended up making 148 all out, which was an OK score on that pitch. I opened the bowling, and bowled what is easily the best spell I've ever bowled.

Was as quick as I've ever been and the pace was consistent throughout my whole 12 over spell; I was very accurate, swinging it both ways and bowled a few beautiful yorkers. Ended up with 3/43 off my 12 overs, but could easily have had 5 or 6 if things had gone my way. I dropped a C+B chance, a bouncer which ended up going miles up. Then I had a pretty plumb lbw decision turned down, before having another catch dropped late on. Got another 10 over's to bowl tomorrow, and if I bowl like that again in Section D I'll pick up a hat-full. Gonna be feeling it in the morning, legs are very stiff. A couple of ibuprofen and a red-bull'll sort that out though.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
After the mammoth 12 over spell of Saturday, I got a reprieve yesterday, bowling just the 9 overs. The ball is coming out beautifully at the minute though. Wasn't quite as good as Saturday, as I was a tad stiff, but it still came out nicely. We fielded first, I opened. Took out one of the openers caught down the leg-side, but again could easily have had 3 or 4 if things had gone my way. Hoping this continues tbh, could pick up a hat-ful if I keep bowling like this. Ended up with figures of 6-2-19-1 yesterday, although the play-cricket site has me down as 6-5-19-1. If that was true I'd have been annoyed by that over of 19. :laugh

We ended up needing just 105 to win. I batted 3 (dunno why I'm suddenly up the order, not making any runs) and played a beautiful on-drive to get off the mark. The adrenaline of that shot got into my head though, as next ball I played a Phillip Hughes-esque flash out-side the off-stump, only managing to edge the ball to slip, being sharply caught for 2. I'm due a score, I can feel one coming. I feel in really good knick with the bat, just keep chucking my wicket away. Will do some work in the nets on Thursday and hopefully get a few runs and a few more wickets next weekend. Been a handy start to the season, loving it.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
2 more games this weekend. Saturday's was rained off after 6 overs. I bowled 3. Ending up with figures of 3-1-3-0. Ended up not leaving their ground till about 6 though, as they laid on a buffet and then a barbeque before we all played a bit of tennis ball cricket. Good times.

Then yesterday I had a B Team game against Worlingworth. They batted first, we ripped through them fairly easily. One of our bowlers took probably the worst 5fer I've ever seen. Started off bowling exclusively half trackers, yet somehow managed to pick up 6-19. I toiled away for 6 overs bowling into a strong breeze, up a slight slope bowling a generally decent line on off-stump bar 1 over and ended up with 0-15 off 6. Was pretty annoyed. Think we had about 75 to chase down. I went in at 5 with us desperately needing quick runs as it was starting to rain. I played a few nice shots, ran some quick singles, got us within 3 runs of victory and then chucked my wicket away. I got a slight top-edge sweeping a leg-spinner and was caught about half way back at mid-wicket for 9. We then lost another wicket in true Stradbroke style before eventually getting over the line. Good start for the B Team this year, 3 matches, 3 wins. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread